Rare Diseases Community
elevated DHEA
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

elevated DHEA

Does anyone know what causes elevated DHEA, I have Lymphocytic hypophysitis and now I also have Hashimoto's the latest Thing was elevated DHEA 656 I think but I am not sure is could have something to do with either breast or ovarian cancer.
Related Discussions
500238_tn?1255134814
Elevated levels of DHEAS may indicate an adrenocortical tumor, adrenal cancer, or adrenal hyperplasia. Increased levels of DHEAS are not diagnostic of a specific condition; they usually indicate the need for further testing to pinpoint the cause of the hormone imbalance.

I did the copy and paste thing, what can I say, ha ha!  I have actually read a bit about it but not enough to recall what everything was.  I also have elevated Thyroid peroxidase antibodies which would indicate Hashimoto's but I have elevated growth hormone and Vitamin D deficiency along with that.  I have read quite a bit on those and am finding out that Vitamin D is changed to a hormone inside the body and actually works right alongside as a hormone.  Elevated growth hormone usually means a pituitary tumor but can also be caused by problems with adrenal function/tumors.....Sooooo, the gist of this is maybe I have Hashimoto's that is causing it or maybe there is a tumor somewhere that they still need to find or some other vague problem that affects the hormones.  The only other significant symptom I have since this began is erythremelalgia -- it's basically the opposite of Raynaud's phenomenon.  My hands, feet and ears tend to overreact now to heat and they end up going bright red and burning.  They do not know all the causes, nor do they know a cure for it unless you can fix the underlying problem causing it.

My advice is to keep going to the doctor, no matter how sick of it we all get, and eventually they will come up with something.  At the very least, I figure if it's hereditary, it doesn't matter how many times I make a fool of myself at a doctor's office if it might help my kids and grandkids in the future who will hopefully have immediate answers should they become affected.

I figure if I become incapacitated at some point from disease, then I am still contributing to society by putting myself out there as the guinea pig.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Rare Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...