extreme sensitivity and stabbing pain in big toe
i've been dealing with unexplained pain in my big toe for over 10 years now. i can't remember if it started after an actual injury or if it came out of nowhere. i have seen several doctors including family doctors, podiatrists, and am now being seen by a rheumatologist. the front end of my toe is extremely sensitive to even the slightest contact with just about anything. it is not gout. the pain can come from direct contact or without any stimulation. it sometimes wakes me from my sleep. it is a throbbing, stabbing, sharp pain that lately has begun to make me get a little out of breath because of how much it hurts. i'm taking lyrica twice daily and vicoprofen as needed. this condition is greatly affecting my life since i am always afraid of stubbing my toe or having something fall on it. i'm afraid that my current doctor is going to send me to yet another doctor because no one has been able to pinpoint the problem. has anyone heard of anything like this?
Your toe pain sounds like the same thing I have.
Do you drink a lot of water?
I've done a bit of research on it and the most immediately helpful result I have come up with is...drink more water! Which makes sense as toes are connected to kidneys (according to chinese medicine) and kidneys need flushing. I drink very little pure water at the moment and will try by changing to 2 litres a day, or at least as much as possible. Also cut down on acid like tomatoes or even wine for awhile and see if you notice any change. If you are a cola or coffee drinker, you might try cutting that down as well. The best thing about taking water is that you are not just adding another drug pharmaceutical into your system so you can't lose. See how we go, best of luck.