Rare Diseases Community
extreme sensitivity and stabbing pain in big toe
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

extreme sensitivity and stabbing pain in big toe

i've been dealing with unexplained pain in my big toe for over 10 years now. i can't remember if it started after an actual injury or if it came out of nowhere. i have seen several doctors including family doctors, podiatrists, and am now being seen by a rheumatologist. the front end of my toe is extremely sensitive to even the slightest contact with just about anything. it is not gout. the pain can come from direct contact or without any stimulation. it sometimes wakes me from my sleep. it is a throbbing, stabbing, sharp pain that lately has begun to make me get a little out of breath because of how much it hurts. i'm taking lyrica twice daily and vicoprofen as needed. this condition is greatly affecting my life since i am always afraid of stubbing my toe or having something fall on it. i'm afraid that my current doctor is going to send me to yet another doctor because no one has been able to pinpoint the problem. has anyone heard of anything like this?