Rare Diseases Community
feeling hopeless and fed up.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

feeling hopeless and fed up.

I'm not sure which topic to give this question to? I am a middle aged woman.. who's body over heats within ten minutes of exertion, only on humid days.  Whether or not it is hot or cold.  But during the summer months..I am more affected. So much so that I can do nothing but sit in front of a fan, even use one for sleep. My head drips like a faucet bursted open and my face and chest turns so red, and gets so hot (to the touch) and flushed, that it literally looks like my pours are ready to start spewing out blood. It is not normal.  I have had this sweating problem of the head.. since I was in my twenties, but now 20 some odd years later, it is severe. I have no quality of life. I feel I need to see an Endocronologist? Because, I HAVE had trouble with my glands. All blood tests say everything is normal.  But something is terribly wrong.  In my twenties I had a lymph node biopsy.. because it was big and swollen for months, on one side of my neck.  It turned out to be benign, a group of glands that had clumped together and were not working properly.  in my thirties.. I had a lump in my breast.  It turned out to be benign and the same thing, a group of glands not functing properly, they were removed. And as a result I have no glands on the right side of my upper body. I had the same problem a few years later with a lump on the left breast.  It to.. turned out to be glandular, and benign. When I was in my late twenties.. and my youngest child was eight years old, out of the clear blue.. I started lactating. I was given meds and it went away.  I have tried to make appointments with Endocronologists, and their secretaries and nurses tell me that I cannot make appointments with them without a diagnosis, or a referral, 9even though I have a PPO.  What am I to do?  I have no life... none what so ever. I cry and cry all the time. And NO I am not a depressed person!  I am so entusiastic about life.. I just can't live it!! I can't join my families on outings ever.. grandkids functions, etc.  I need help and need to know who would listen.. the internal medicine Doctors just tell me that my labs are normal.. and they don't "know" why this is happening to me. Thank you, waiting anxiously for some response.
Tags: wolf
nothing in your symptoms indicate depression....if you need a referal go to your primary care and get one Im 100% certain you need your thyroid checked make sure they do a full panel,,,it may not be your problem but sure sounds like it the thyroid is like your bodys therostat regulate hot and cold....Also your likely not gonna need a referal for a gyno but I think you should be checked for premenopausal hormones...you may be entering menopause and low on estrogen..just an educated guess...cant hur a simple blood draw..best wishes hope this helped some....
You also might need to get an MRI done as well, if you were lactating at one  point could be a pituitary problem. Also have your pa chech your prolactin level.

jojo1966
Keep bugging your docs! Also, go to Oprah.com and watch last night's webcast and there is one coming up opn hormones and also I think this Thurs. (maybe Wed) I'm not sure, her show is on hormones. Dr. Oz even says, just because your numbers fall in a "normal range" doesen't mean that is YOUR normal.  If you don't feel "normal, keep making them look for the reason. I agree with checking your thyroid. Mine is at the very low end of "normal" and I asked if we could just try a low dose of thyroid med. since all the females in my family are hypothyroid and I had ll the symptoms.  Well, after much convincing, I am on it and I feel human again!! What do you know! I knew my own body!! Iam an RN and I know that you sometimes have to push to get the docs to listen and if yours won't, get another opinion! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!