fluttering pain in thigh
I have this fluttering pain in my thigh, the right one, on the inner part about 6 inches above my knee.
What could cause it?  It has been going on for hours.  It just comes and goes.

Most often, pain in the thigh may be due  injury to muscles, tendons, or bursas, usually from a fall, a blow, or overuse. Was there a trauma to the affected area? Are there other signs or symptoms present?  Would you know what triggers the pain? A pulled hamstring is an injury to the group of muscles at the back of the thigh that attach at the pelvis and just behind the knee. Pulls or tears can occur from a sudden forceful move. Hamstring pulls and tears cause pain, limited motion, and sometimes bruising or a lot of swelling. On the other hand, sciatica presents with pain radiating downward from the buttock over the back or side of the leg. Pain often increases on exertion or bending forward.

Over-the-counter pain medications may alleviate the pain. Resting and elevating the affected area and cold compress may also help.However, if your condition persists, it would be best to see your doctor for further evaluation and management.  

Take care and keep us posted.