hypochondriac or real?
went swimming in my boyfriend's pool two days ago, and he dunked me under. i wasn't prepared and didn't hold my nose, some water got up it and then i started to panic about that whole 'brain-eating amoeba' scare. i asked him if the pool was adequately chlorinated and he said yes and not to worry about it and that i was being silly. today i have a pretty bad headache which occurred on the same side of my face/head that they normally do, so it could be a sinus or tension headache, but i was just wondering am i being riduclous or is this serious?
How are you? While, Naegleria fowleri , a free-living excavate form of protist is found in ponds, lakes, rivers, and hot springs, it can also be found in unchlorinated swimming pools. If your friend says there is adequate chlorine, there is nothing to be worried about. Also, usual onset of  symptoms of infection start about five days to to seven days after exposure and may present with  a variety of symptoms and not limited to headache alone such as changes in taste and smell, headache, fever, nausea, vomiting, and stiff neck.Take care and do keep us posted.