Aa
A
A
Close
lightning flash injury
good day
my friend was at work she is a medic, there was a lightning storm and she got a flash from it.
She became sicker and sicker to a point that she lost all mobility in her legs but had severe pain. this took aprox 2 weeks to finally get to this point. she was taken to hospital where they transferred her to a larger one in Vancouver bc. they have done tests but have not been able to come up with a diagnosis and will not confirm it was caused by lightning. she is able to walk again but has extreme pain and sudden burst of shock in her legs and torso.
I am trying to help her to get some medical attention with this as she cannot work and wcb will not recognize it as a work place injury.
if you could point me in a direction of a doctor who may be able to help us that would be incredible
Thank you Pati
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Lightning victims frequently present with keraunoparalysis in which the extremities, usually the legs, become transiently cold, cyanotic, pulseless, and mottled.[9]
Keraunoparalysis is the result of vascular spasm and autonomic nervous system instability. It usually resolves after a few hours, though some patients have long-term neurologic sequelae, including paralysis and paresis.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/448665_3
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you very much for that information!
Unfortunately she seems to be of the latter with the long term....seems the doctor cannot clearly say this is a aftermath of the flash...and that they cannot find the cause...
Thank you again!
Pati
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
lightning flash injury
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Rare Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703