mini strokes or tumor
The impression from my recent mri brain without contrast is as follows :
1. Focal signal abnormalities noted in the region of the right basal ganglia/external capsule and corona radiata that are suspected to represent chronic lacunar infarcts but further asessment by gad enhanced imaging is recommended to exclude a potential involvement  by tumor
How are you? Lacunar infarcts are small subcortical infarcts in the deeper parts of the brain  which are responsible for some incidence of strokes. They are caused by occlusion of deep penetrating branches of major cerebral arteries and are particularly common in hypertension and diabetes. However, in your case, further evaluation is recommended using contrast agent to rule out presence of tumor. Discuss the result  with your doctor for proper evaluation. Your medical history and symptoms are essential in determining the possible cause. Take care and regards.
Dr Santos. I am a 61 year old with high cholesterol. I had a terrible bout of vertigo one morning and then for about a month after was sick as a dog. My eyes hurt I had headaches. I was dizzy and my head felt like it was surging. I felt like I was walking sideways.  I have a hard time finding words when I feel dizzy. Like i am in a fog. had an MRI that said acute lacunar infarct on my right thalmus. I had an MRA of head and neck and it said normale except for diminutive artery due to anotmical variant.
The neurologist seemed pretty nonchalant and said oh well. We cant do anything about it. Dont know when it happened or why.

Does this mean I am at risk for having more? Is it a stoke?
Just today I started getting dizzy again and headaches. Does this mean I am going to have a full blown stroke? Is there anything to be done to prevent it? I feel like a time bomb. I would really so appreciate the information. Thanks so much.