my health
   I had a intracranial mucocele in my right frontal lobe and it was removed along with fibrous dysplasia of my frontal-ethmoidal sinuses. post-operative CT scans reveal encephalomalicia at the surgical site.I understand this is a degenerative brain disease and should I expect Dementia in my future?  Im already prepaired  for this so please give me your full advice and answer. Thank you David Morgan
Hi David,
How are you? Encephalomalacia refers to a condition that causes the brain to become soft and may be caused by injury to the brain such as hemorrhage or bleed into the brain. Although rare, and may not be directly applicable in your case, extensive softening of the brain can also be caused by degeneration or deterioration of the brain and could be the result of a health condition or disease process. With regards to dementia, there are many factors  to consider including age, family history,alcohol use, atherosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, smoking and even depression. You may need to discuss this with your doctor for proper evaluation.Take care and do keep us posted.