neck/throat swelling on left side
Hi, for the past 3 years i have been having this swelling sensation on the left side of my neck/throat. its inernally and i feel like its swollen or something swells up and its kinda hard to describe but i have it everyday and its worse after eating. no matter what i eat. it only happens on the left side of my neck/throat. i think it does swell cause it feels very uncomfortable and i don't know what it is. the doctor put his microscope down my throat but didnt see anything, he says he wants me to have a barium swallow done to check for zenkers diverticulem. could i have that for 3 years though? would it cause my symptoms? also it feels better when i take an antihistamine but not 100 percent. my other symptoms are daily facial flushing but i don't think its related im also being tested for carcinoid for that. i was thinking it was angioedema? any thoughts?
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Zenker diverticulum is a rare, benign condition that reduces the ability to swallow food especially in older patients. If it persists, additional tests such as imaging studies  may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.