prednisolone - moonface (again)
Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with lichen planus around the oral area. The doctors are attempting me to treat me with prednisolone with serveral creams. lichen planus occurs in my mouth which if i brush my teeth/have mints/ and no to mention chilli my mouth BURNS UP! now, i have been on 60mg of pred before but now im on 30mg and weening off about 5mg per week. WILL I GET THE MOONFACE? :( i weigh about 60 kg. they assured me that i wont but last time i puffed up alot with 60mg and it wasnt that pleasant..
Your puffiness will gradually disappear as long as you gradually reducing the dose
How are you? Redistribution of body fat such as moon face, buffalo hump and truncal obesity are often seen in longer course of systemic steroid. However, after tapering and discontinuing  the medicine, these symptoms will resolve. Talk to your doctor about this for proper management and to ease any anxiety. Take care and regards.