Rare Diseases Community
red, itchy, rubbery, inflamed scrotal skin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red, itchy, rubbery, inflamed scrotal skin

Dr.

recently i began getting a little itchy between my thy and my scrotum and didn't think much of it. On day in the shower i began to scratch my scrotum and the following day it turned into an almost invisible rash on my inner thighs and my scrotal skin was retracted like i was cold or something but still it was very itchy, its been about for days now and the sides of my scrotal skin closest to my thighs are swollen, red and have a rubbery texture. my scrotum is dry and warm but still contracted like its angry, and itchy. I've been using jock itch treatments and athletes foot spray on it but nothing is working and its spreading on my thighs, medicated body powder (gold bond) has done nothing. my scrotum is dry but not ashy or flaky, just very similar to rubber with almost no elasticity.  Im in the army in Iraq and will go to sick call tomorrow i just want to be able to be able to speak smartly and give my doctor an idea of what its is so that i dont have to keep returning after using failed medications.  please help