red, itchy, rubbery, inflamed scrotal skin
Dr.

recently i began getting a little itchy between my thy and my scrotum and didn't think much of it. On day in the shower i began to scratch my scrotum and the following day it turned into an almost invisible rash on my inner thighs and my scrotal skin was retracted like i was cold or something but still it was very itchy, its been about for days now and the sides of my scrotal skin closest to my thighs are swollen, red and have a rubbery texture. my scrotum is dry and warm but still contracted like its angry, and itchy. I've been using jock itch treatments and athletes foot spray on it but nothing is working and its spreading on my thighs, medicated body powder (gold bond) has done nothing. my scrotum is dry but not ashy or flaky, just very similar to rubber with almost no elasticity.  Im in the army in Iraq and will go to sick call tomorrow i just want to be able to be able to speak smartly and give my doctor an idea of what its is so that i dont have to keep returning after using failed medications.  please help
How are you? Try to avoid scratching to prevent secondary infection. Fungal infection thrives in moist and warm areas so it is best that you keep the area clean and dry at all times. Jock itch or fungal infection usually responds well to anti-fungal medications. However, if it persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Give the pertinent details: when it started, the symptoms you experience, the medications you took. It would help to write it down so that you will not miss anything during the consultation. Take care and do keep us posted.