uncontrolled movements of mouth
my dr just put me on sonata for sleep and i am being treated for add w/ritalin,lamictal for bpd,wellbrutrin depression, and nerourotin for nerve pain and a few days ago i started grinding my teeth together, looks like i am chewing gum all the time and i also am making grunting sounds. i have been up for 2 nights now due to manic episode and add meds
Have you done any research on Tourette's Syndrome? Causes involuntary movements, called tics. Teeth grinding common, as well as mouth and eye blinking, making noises, and repetitive behaviours. It is an anxiety disorder, connected to OCD...you can read about it or ask your dr. I see you have ritalin and anti-depressants, common meds in treating anxiety disorders.

My family has a history of this, my husband is 57 and has been taking ritalin since 50 years old, diagnosed with adult ADD...helps immensely, he has Tourette's as well. His son also has OCD, ADHD, Tourette's, and although not on meds, he should be...his anxiety disorders are quite severe.

Tourette's can be mild or can progress to more serious repetitions, and the repetitions, tics can also change over time to different tics.

Take care, hope this might help...
Oromandibular dystonia is a form of focal dystonia affecting the mouth, jaw, and tongue.

Its a side effect of some medications and you need to tell your doctor. It can be perminent.