Rare Diseases Community
uncontrolled movements of mouth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

uncontrolled movements of mouth

my dr just put me on sonata for sleep and i am being treated for add w/ritalin,lamictal for bpd,wellbrutrin depression, and nerourotin for nerve pain and a few days ago i started grinding my teeth together, looks like i am chewing gum all the time and i also am making grunting sounds. i have been up for 2 nights now due to manic episode and add meds
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4173379_tn?1355360151
Have you done any research on Tourette's Syndrome? Causes involuntary movements, called tics. Teeth grinding common, as well as mouth and eye blinking, making noises, and repetitive behaviours. It is an anxiety disorder, connected to OCD...you can read about it or ask your dr. I see you have ritalin and anti-depressants, common meds in treating anxiety disorders.

My family has a history of this, my husband is 57 and has been taking ritalin since 50 years old, diagnosed with adult ADD...helps immensely, he has Tourette's as well. His son also has OCD, ADHD, Tourette's, and although not on meds, he should be...his anxiety disorders are quite severe.

Tourette's can be mild or can progress to more serious repetitions, and the repetitions, tics can also change over time to different tics.

Take care, hope this might help...
Blank
Oromandibular dystonia is a form of focal dystonia affecting the mouth, jaw, and tongue.

Its a side effect of some medications and you need to tell your doctor. It can be perminent.
Blank
Oromandibular dystonia is a form of focal dystonia affecting the mouth, jaw, and tongue.

Its a side effect of some medications and you need to tell your doctor. It can be perminent.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Rare Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank