what is this blood poisoning? tetnus?....
ok i really didnt know what to put this under but i used to be a cutter and i have a bunch of big scars on my arm but the reason im writing this is when the cuts were healing on the right side of my arm there was a blackish grey streak about 5 inches long and about 1/4-1/2 inch thick i didnt go to the doctor for it and by the time i got caught cutting the streak went away and i didnt ask the docter what it was for some reason i thought it was some sort of blood poisoning and so did this one guy i told but i told this one girl and she told me i just cut an artery but the thing is the streak poped up probally about a week after i stopped cutting and then after that it make it very painful to move my fingers so i was just wondering if any one knew what that was becuase i tried resarching this on the internet and couldnt find anything that matched the description
How are you? What other symptoms were present? Cuts usually develop scabs as part of the healing process. It is important that infection is ruled out ( presence of pus, inflammation, pain or fever). However, you may need to have your arm or finger checked because of the pain to rule out nerve issues. Tetanus usually presents with mild spasms in the jaw muscles, excessive sweating, fever, hand or foot spasms, irritability, swallowing difficulty and drooling. ( ref: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001640/).
If the symptoms persist, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is important. Take care and do keep us posted.
uuh well this was a long time ago but i was just thinking about it and was wondering. i do remember there was clear liquid coming out of my scabs and they were a little greenish, whiteish and even yellow. i dont remeber any of those symptoms at the time the scabs were healing but a few months after that i did get torticolus and lock jaw but that i think was because i gave myself a vampire bite pericing, and then a few years after that i got a mild case of torticolus and lock jaw but that my have been becase i slept on it too long and at a weird angle