Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Breast implantes after 7 years one has become harder than other
About This Forum:

Questions in the Reconstructive Surgery Forum are being answered by Dr. Archibald Sanford Miller III, MD,FACS, the Associate Professor at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Breast implantes after 7 years one has become harder than other

I had breast implants done about 7 years ago since then I have been diagones with diabetics.  3 weeks ago one of my breast became hard and is bigger then the other it hurts to sleep on my chest and at times is uncomfortable and once in a while it will  burn or sting.  I went to see a doctor who is a plastic surgeron but he was more in for the money than really really my care.  his nurse came in later and suggested I get a 2nd option so I became scared he was suggesting getting my implants removed which if need be then fine my health is first but is this common after so many years.  I don't know what could have caused this?  My implant is above the muscle then are the gel kind the doctor who did the procedure has since past way so its hard and it was done in south america.