Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Tram Flap

Questions in the Reconstructive Surgery Forum are being answered by Dr. Archibald Sanford Miller III, MD,FACS, the Associate Professor at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine.

Tram Flap

I am contemplating a TRAM flap procedure for breast reconstruction, several years post treatment for DCIS. I have no health issues. I was wondering if the procedure could affect my ability to orgasm or intensity of my orgasms since it involves the abdominal muscles.
There seems to be very little information on this subject but I have heard of a few stories that somewhat concern me. The surgeon that I met with is very experienced in the procedure and teaches the technique and others, at a major medical school, so my assumption is that I will have a first rate procedure. Any insight you could offer would be most appreciated.
1 Comment
Helenamt,

Look up and research DIEP flap. That one doesn't move muscles. That's the surgery I had. I flew to New Orleans to Dr. DellaCroce at The Center for Restorative Surgery. He works in a team with Dr. Sullivan so 6 hours later, I have two beautiful reconstructed breasts. Plane ticket was 140.00. Stayed at the American cancer society Hope Lodge for free. Muscles are intact! Happy girl here!

If you choose DIEP make sure you have extremely skilled plastic surgeons since this is microsurgery. You want them to do 400 plus surgeries a year on this, it's that specialized.

DIEP is the gold standard in reconstructive surgery.

Best wishes