Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
leg surgery

Questions in the Reconstructive Surgery Forum are being answered by Dr. Archibald Sanford Miller III, MD,FACS, the Associate Professor at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine.

leg surgery
Hi. I am 24 yrs old. I was born with a bow leg. I inherited this from my father. Growing up, I've had a very low self esteem becuse of it. I want to know if it is possible to correct this deformity at my age. I want my leg to be straightened as this will go a long way in building back my self esteem.
This can be fixed. You must seek out a reconstructive orthopedic surgeon. That doctor will get some x-rays and determine if the leg can be straightened with surgery. The problem may be rehabilitation if your muscles are too short on one side.

arch s miller ms md facs
hi, i am 21 years old, i had my surgery about 7 years ago that the doctors extract part of my foot bones out of my leg because of the decease i had, after that my foot ankle is unable to move left and right side and further more my leg is shorter den my other leg, is there a surgery to make my leg normal again?