Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
leg surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Reconstructive Surgery Forum are being answered by Dr. Archibald Sanford Miller III, MD,FACS, the Associate Professor at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

leg surgery

Hi. I am 24 yrs old. I was born with a bow leg. I inherited this from my father. Growing up, I've had a very low self esteem becuse of it. I want to know if it is possible to correct this deformity at my age. I want my leg to be straightened as this will go a long way in building back my self esteem.
Related Discussions
560109 tn?1220279867
This can be fixed. You must seek out a reconstructive orthopedic surgeon. That doctor will get some x-rays and determine if the leg can be straightened with surgery. The problem may be rehabilitation if your muscles are too short on one side.

arch s miller ms md facs
2 Comments
Blank
hi, i am 21 years old, i had my surgery about 7 years ago that the doctors extract part of my foot bones out of my leg because of the decease i had, after that my foot ankle is unable to move left and right side and further more my leg is shorter den my other leg, is there a surgery to make my leg normal again?
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank