Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
leg surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Reconstructive Surgery Forum are being answered by Dr. Archibald Sanford Miller III, MD,FACS, the Associate Professor at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

leg surgery

Hi. I am 24 yrs old. I was born with a bow leg. I inherited this from my father. Growing up, I've had a very low self esteem becuse of it. I want to know if it is possible to correct this deformity at my age. I want my leg to be straightened as this will go a long way in building back my self esteem.
Related Discussions
560109_tn?1220279867
This can be fixed. You must seek out a reconstructive orthopedic surgeon. That doctor will get some x-rays and determine if the leg can be straightened with surgery. The problem may be rehabilitation if your muscles are too short on one side.

arch s miller ms md facs
2 Comments
Blank
hi, i am 21 years old, i had my surgery about 7 years ago that the doctors extract part of my foot bones out of my leg because of the decease i had, after that my foot ankle is unable to move left and right side and further more my leg is shorter den my other leg, is there a surgery to make my leg normal again?
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979