Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
what to do about reconstructive implant problems 10 years later
About This Forum:

Questions in the Reconstructive Surgery Forum are being answered by Dr. Archibald Sanford Miller III, MD,FACS, the Associate Professor at the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

what to do about reconstructive implant problems 10 years later

I had breast reconstructive surgery approximately 10 years ago, now the implant is hardening and decreasing in size.
My arm aches a great deal of the time.  I know one option is to have the implant changed out.  My question is if the
implant is just removed, what can be done with the expanded skin (it's not huge 34C in size, but I'm still wondering).
Could you give me information on this please?
Related Discussions
560109_tn?1220279867
If you have saline implants, the likelihood is that the implant is leaking. I advise you to talk to your surgeon and find out what your situation is. I do believe that the problem is likely a deflated implant, scar contarcture , shortening of your muscle, then pain. You may need to have the deflated implant replaced with an expander, and then stretch your pocket out, and placement of a final new reconstructive permanent implant. You really need to talk to your reconstructive surgeon as soon as you can. Respectfully,

arch s miller ms md facs
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank