Rectal Cancer Community
Chronic rectal itching

WELCOME TO THE RECTAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Colorectal and Rectal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Chronic rectal itching

OK here is the thing. For about 17 years I have struggled with rectal itching. I am talking about itching and lots of bleeding. Trust me when I say that I have gone to the doctor over this allot. Prescriptions that the doctor gives me do not work. here is a list of them: Proctodan-HC SUPP, Zinc, Suf/HC ACET/PRAMO Suppositoires, IF you have chronic itching, this will increase the pain, Why the Doctor gave this to me? Duh. Any thing with Zinc and Hydrocortisone dos not work. Then there is  30HC, 2%IN Nystatin Cr and then I have HC 2% mixed with Clotrimaderm. All of these do not work!! When I apply the creams, the itching increases. My doctor dos not seem to understand that!! I have never been truly looked at. Some thing is wrong and let me tell you I have become suicidal because of it. I hate pooping with a passion!! Every time it is a bloody painful experience. THERE IS NEVER RELIEF...EVER!!!! All though the pain subsides, it's still chronic. What do you suggest!!!
Certain soaps irritate me and cause this, have you tried switching up soap?  Or have you found out what other issues may cause this?