Rectal Cancer Community
Rectal Bleeding

WELCOME TO THE RECTAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Colorectal and Rectal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Rectal Bleeding

Hi, I'm 19 years old and for about a year now, I have been having trouble going number 2. I can go 1-2 weeks without a bowel movement and most times, I have a lot of trouble going to the bathroom, to the point where I bleed from my anus, when I try and go number 2. A few times I bleed in the toilet too. I get constipated all the time and it has been a point where it was so hard to pass a stool, that it felt like I was pooping out a brick. It felt horrible and I was in a lot of pain. I tore my anus and bled. Now, sometimes when I'm able to go poop, my anus will tear back open if my poop is that big, coming out. Most times, I will be straining and struggling, in order to poop. Is there something wrong inside my anus, that I cannot have a bowel movement?
What type of diet do you have?  Are you getting enough fiber?