Rectal Cancer Community
i need help lol

WELCOME TO THE RECTAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Colorectal and Rectal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

i need help lol

HELP!!! ever since i was about 8 or 9 i have been bleeding from my rectum. it will normally happen every other day then stop for a 2 or three weeks then happen all over again. and the weird thing is my biologcal dad recently has been happening pretty bad for him! please help what wrong with me and him? what are the risks treatment causes ANYTHING?!

SPANKS SO MUCH!
SCARLETT
I know this post is old but did your symptoms ever get better or did you ever find out what is causing this both in you and in your Dad?
I've been having this for years too and suspect I may have Crohn's disease.  you should see a GI doctor and get some tests and a colonoscopy.  I still don't know if it is hemmarhoids or what, but I feel that I'm not normal since this has been happening for like 15 years and the pain is getting worse in my rectum
I think prednisone helps me but you can't take it long term and I heard it can damage the liver- I would avoid prednisone if you can
Let us know how you are doing and what you found out.