problems with constipation
I had surgery 6 years for colorectal cancer and I am STILL experiencing problems with constipation. I will not go for days then I take something to help OR my body waits until it can't take anymore then TOTALLY empties with a lot of pain AND it becomes an urgency. I eat plenty of fruit and veggies all day and I only drink lots of water, 1-2 cup of coffee or tea everyday. I'm doing what I'm told but not getting results. PLEASE HELP.
I'm so sorry to hear this.  I had my rectal cancer resection surgery 6 days ago.  I had 3 BM on day 3 post-op and then went 3 days w/o any BM.  My rectum, back, and incision hurts.  It takes time I guess.  If I don't go tomorrow, I'll try milk of magnesium which should work quite well.  If you haven't tried that - you might want to give it a try. It's available OTC.  Take care!