I have a few questions that, if answered, will continue to help me at my "crossroads" w/ Alan:
1. Why does Alan want to be friends with me when it could possibly jeopardize his relationship with the lady he is dating? Does he not care that it could jeopardize things with her? Do you believe it could?
2. Why does Alan not seem bothered by asking me to be his friend when he knows how much he hurt me? Does he think everything is ok because he apologized and somehow I'm over it?
3. IF (big IF right now) Alan & I were to become/remain friends, do you think I would have to do most or all of the initial contacting or would he do some of it?
4. Do you think Alan would eventually want more if we were to become/remain friends even though he is saying he has no alterior motives?
5. And last but not least, why can't Alan completely let me go, Dr. P.?
Alan may think he can flit from woman to woman with no consequence. He may have that little insight.
He may indeed have no inkling that his behavior hurt you. After all, HE doesn't feel things so deeply!
If you were to remain "friends" you'd be a-waiting, and he'd be away most of the time, unless he felt like it, and then he'd come back and then disappear again to her, breaking your heart once once more.
Otherwise, I think I've addressed your questions in this morning's post.
I think you are making this more than what it is. If you are so conflicted with your feelings of staying in Alan's life, than don't. There could be a million reasons for why he wants you there. He may like you as a person and enjoy talking to you, therefore, wants to stay in touch. He may want you as a booty call or back up in case his current relationship doesn't work. He may want to test the waters but still hold onto you for whatever reasons. I think Alan could answer your questions and frankly, if he's in a new relationship, I think you should just move on with your life without Alan. You're letting this consume you.
Wow! Move on I kione that is hard, I;'ve been there...time will heal. Moving on is hard it will consume every minute, thainking of someone you have feelings for...but time will help...good luck...I wish yoy the very best...sometimes life is not fair, but it is life and things will get better..
Copyright 1994-2016MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.