Relationship Decisions Expert Forum
During sex
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Relationships Decisions forum. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Relationship choices/decisions.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

During sex

My hubby ejaculates within 2 to 3 minutes of having sex, we have been together for almost 2 years and it has always been like that.  I really love him he is a great man and we are having our baby any day now...could there be a problem with him? He is only 22, please advise..
3164984_tn?1343854726
There is not enough information provided to know exactly what is going on for you and your husband during sex. However, by talking about your concerns with him, you can start to move in the direction of resolving the issue. When you discuss issues that arise in your relationship, it builds intimacy and connection with you partner (which definitely will help your sex life!). Here are some tips on how to talk with him about it:

#1: USE "I" STATEMENTS. For example, "I feel like I want more of you," or "I feel like I want to enjoy sex longer." "I" statements are crucial because they are taking responsibility for your own feelings, and they will not shame him. Shaming him, by blaming or using "you" statements ("You don't last long!") could potentially make the problem worse. Blaming will never lead to a good sex life.

#2: TEAM UP AGAINST THE PROBLEM: It's probably safe to assume that both of you would like to enjoy sex longer, so instead of teaming up against him (again, this could make the problem worse), team up together against the problem. "Let's get to the bottom of why this is happening so we can enjoy sex more." This way, it's you and him against the problem, rather than you against him.

#3: ASK HIM HOW YOU CAN HELP: Is there anything that you can do to help him feel more at ease or comfortable? If there anything he would like from you during sex that could potentially help? We don't know the answers to these types of questions until we ask. Again, approaching the subject from an "I love you and I want you" position will help him feel at ease and bonded with you, which will help your sex life.

The key thing is to be talking about this issue with an open-mind and open-heart. Remember, it's you and him against the problem. By having a conversation you can get a better idea of what exactly is going on, and then together you can work towards solving the problem, strengthening your relationship in the meantime.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Mood Tracker
Mood Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker