Relationship Decisions Expert Forum
I don't want to be touched...
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Relationships Decisions forum. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Relationship choices/decisions.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I don't want to be touched...

This is something that has happened to me as long as I can remember, but I didn't think about it being a problem till last night with my current BF.  I am a 28yr old female.  I was married for 4 years, have been divorced for 3.  I have 3 beautiful kids.  As long as I can remember I have gone through temporary (I stress the word TEMPORARY) periods of time where I do not like to be touched.  Sometimes not at all, but usually it's just a soft touch that drives me up the wall.  Almost sends a shocking sensation through my body or ticklish and I have to get away from it.  
I don't really think this is sexual but I didn't know where else to try and post this!  The reason I don't think it's sexual is because it doesn't necessarily have to be someone of the opposite sex, in an intimate relationship to affect me this way.  (i.e. if my hair is touching my face at all, if I have a stray hair on my arm, if I have pants on instead of just shorts or underwear, if the kids try to hug me.)
It also seems that at these times, if I can be the one to INITIATE touch I'm ok.  I thought it had something to do with the heat.... if it's too hot I don't want anyone by me touching me, but I realized last night that it's different.  I've also thought that it had something to do with a psychological thing.  I have never been abused in any way, but with past BFs and my ex husband it seemed like I would be this way if they pissed me of in some way!
My new sweetheart was over last night and we were snuggling on the couch.  He is very affectionate, and loves to touch me, and normally I respond in a positive manner.  Last night, if he did more than just sit with constant pressure on my arm I flipped out.  Pressure was ok, but moving, or rubbing or anything sent me through the roof.  He rolled over and I "spooned" with his backside and as long as I was the one touching him, I was ok.
Ok, so LONG explanation, but I'm hoping for some answers.