Relationship Decisions Expert Forum
PATHOLOGICAL CASE OR JUST PLAIN MEAN,OR DOESN'T CARE FOR ME, Part ...

Welcome to the Relationships Decisions forum. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Relationship choices/decisions.

PATHOLOGICAL CASE OR JUST PLAIN MEAN,OR DOESN'T CARE FOR ME, Part 1

I just moved out from my partner's place, where we lived together for the past 6 yearss and had a daughter, now 5. Mainly, it is for some time away, for a breather, to think, clear thiings thru. I left at the point when i felt, for the nth time, I'm ver, very, very FED UP, at breaking point; just couldn't stand his treatment of me.
We both have our respective families when our relationship started. We hav been sweethearts back in high school. So 30 years thereafter, he disclosedthat he still keeps the same feelings for me. My own marriage crumbling at that time and in my midlife, I succumbed, and fell for him after he ardently (or agrresively) pursued me (as soon as I agree to join him, he would at once leave his own family) and soon got pregnant, which speeded up our plan to stay together. That was 6 years ago.
In our 6 years of being together, I went from shock, disillusionment, coping and adapting, acceptance, and finally, detaching. My world crumbled when I saw a part of him (which now shows for the most part when) that left me iin disbelief. -that he is quick to anger; that he withdraws and shifts mood states very freuqently at the slightest trigger, but unpredicatbly, become a complete stranger- whom you cannot talk nor reason with, completely hardened, unreachable. What's puzzling is, he shows this only to me; and all his friends are clueless to this part of him, as they (as he presents himself) see a jolly, well-mannered, decent and well-liked person.

I believe your situation was addressed in my post of last evening.

Sincerely,

Dr. P.