Relationship Decisions Expert Forum
Still not feeling it

Welcome to the Relationships Decisions forum. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Relationship choices/decisions.

Still not feeling it

Theres this guy I've been talking to for about 8 months now and over that time he's developed feelings for me, and sometimes I think I have feelings for him as well until I see his face an decide I don't. It's been too long now to tell him I still don't like him and he wants to be in a relationship. What should I do?
Hello. It seems like the kindest thing to do with this person is to be honest. Sometimes we worry about hurting people's feelings by offending them with our honesty, however it hurts much more in the long run to be lied to or strung along. There is way to be kind and honest: you can tell him that you like him as a person however you are clear now, after having spent some time together, that you are not a match for a romantic relationship. Coming clean with how you really feel will allow both of you to move onto relationships that will be much better fits for each of you.