$1000 dollars
So, when you ask about 1 million dollars, people get all worldly and uncomfortable.  So, I'm going to ask about 1 thousand dollars that is just YOURS to spend.  And you have to spend it today.  What would you buy?
Funny you should ask.  I'm in that position,  except I don't have to spend it today.  

My siblings and I came into an inheritance last January.  Of the estate,  there was this one little checking account in the end that we dispersed, about 2K each.  My husband helped me disperse the estate (I was the executor) and so he knows where all the money is.

Except that 2K.  Only I know where it is,  and I have the power to write checks on it.  

My sister and brother immediately thought of a very creative thing to do with theirs - this money came as a surprise windfall outside of the estate,  and after the estate was distributed.

But mine just sits there and I keep imagining what I will do with it.  ;D  Having it there,  IMHO,  is even better than spending it.  OOH,  I could buy that.  OOH,  that wold be perfect.

It's been nearly a year.  I think maybe this Schwinn Cruiser bicycle that costs about $200 is where I might start.  But I might leave the rest in there,  a hidden ace in the hole.  ;D

Interesting question,  SM.  
I'd just catch up bills and buy some clothes. Maybe pay a little extra on utilities so I don't have to worry about for a few months