Relationships Community
19 Year old female, Sex drive gone from being extremely high to almost ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

19 Year old female, Sex drive gone from being extremely high to almost non existant.

I've always had a very high sex drive, from around 11-12 I became very interested in sex, my sex drive probably hit a peak around 15-16 but now I don't really care if I don't have it at all, and having sex is, most of the time, an effort.
I've always been very mature for my age, though throughout my teens until I was 16 and met my current partner the biggest thing for me was mainly lust, I was never really with anyone for that long as they bored me quickly and I'd already be lusting after the next guy, I craved the excitement and the butterflies of being with someone new.
I love my current partner very much and we did have a very good sex life, we'd do it all the time but now we live together with a mortgage and bills to pay, though I don't think stress is a cause as I'm pretty care free in the sense that I don't think about what could bog me down and out of sight is out of mind to me, I'm very positive.
I'm very very affectionate, probably in an annoying way to some. We're one of those sickly couples that are probably way too cheesy. Though before my partner I was very ''cool'' in a relationship, probably like a bloke, I know I do take a man's opinion alot of the time.
Anyway, I don't know what it is that's causing this, it can upset my partner though he does understand that we can't all want sex all the time. I do love him very much and wish that we could go back to the way we were.
Tags: sex drive, sex, female, 19 years old, Relationships, libido, lust
If been through this situation, im 20. I can't say exactly what the problem is because I don't know anything about your life, but I'll explain mine and my thoughts on it and hopefully it will get you to think about your issue more deeply.
I think mine was birth control! I decided to get off of it, and 3 months later I felt great again! So if your on the birth control pill, that could be an effect causing you to lose interest in sex. The pill is not good for the female body if your on it for a long time. It does damage in the long run I think, and I think doctors don't say anything much about it because people don't want people popping out babies everywhere. There is other way to be protected, the pill is just so much easier to be on. But I will never go on the pill again, it ruined me. It made me depressed and paranoid as well.
I used to be on the pill years ago (and only for about a year) but had no effect on me! (not that I was aware of anyway!)
Not on any medication at all, we use condoms as contraception.  
Hmmm that's weird then! You don't have to answer, but if you've ever experiments with hard drugs, I think that can do it as well. Or maybe your just changing, going through a period where you've done it so much you just need a break.
Haha nooo definately don't do drugs, or have ever done drugs, I don't even smoke! I rarely drink, I'm not over weight, or under weight (british size 10), I eat healthily (last night my idea of a snack was eating a huge packet of tomatoes and salad!)
The only change I can think of in my life is that I used to walk miles and miles almost everyday (hate buses) to see my partner, but now we live together I don't need to go anywhere! My work is at home so I don't even need to go there, (doesn't mean I feel home isn't where I can relax, because I definately do, I'm the most relaxed chilled out person ever haha)  
Anyway we've lived together for over a year, and its been about a year I've felt like this :/
do you watch porn in your spare time? be honest..
I do know certain foods that can increase libido! aha. And exercise increases libido too, I know that for sure. Maybe you consider working out, going on random walks, jogs, go to the gym. Or maybe join an active class of some type. I honestly think being stuck in your house for most of the time, makes you feel like you want to do nothing. My boyfriend was grounded for months, and I would always have to go to see him. He was constantly tired, never felt like having sex, just watched tv and played video games for hours on end. He stopped going to the gym too because he got so lazy from being at home too often that he said he was tired and just wanted to take his grounding as a complete relaxation period.
Vix is right the bc for me has made my sex drive just horrible. I dont wanna be touched or have sex very often mood swings etc..I am in my early 30's and I dont if its my age as well and hes is 4 years older then me but we have sex maybe 2 times a week if that. Stress has alot to do with it to. I have a hormone problem as well I am trying to figure out and was actually thinking about buying some of the sexual enhancer for women so that I would want to have sex more and make my man happy and myself. I think all women go through a phase with not wanting sex and is a string from all kinds of issues in your life.