Relationships Community
5 year relationship without sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

5 year relationship without sex

hi guys. so I've been with my gf for 5 years now and we are both 24 and both virgins.
I have been ready since the beginning however to this day she is still not ready and I'm unsure what to do, I have financially supported her through this whole relationship with whatever she wanted but last year she went on holiday for 5 weeks and spoke to me about twice in that whole time.
when she got back she realized how boring her life was and tried to break up with me but I begged her to reconsider and she did.
now 6 months later she thinks all is going great but I am really frustrated as part of me is saying I need to end it but the other part is afraid to hurt her and I'm worried about being forever alone as I'm rather shy and never actually even approached a girl before

just to add that this is our first relationship for both of us
Hm.  Well, lets leave out the sex part for now as it seems that no sex until marriage was the deal you two embarked on from the start.  What I would do is think about this relationship and if you think it has a future.  Do you feel "in love" with her?  Are you attracted to her, like her as a person, enjoy her company?  Is she kind to you, shows her love for you through her actions?  Do you two talk about a future together?  What does that future look like?  Are you two growing torwards stability to marry?  Do you have the same financial goals?  The same faith goals, kids goals, home life goals?  These are the things you need to really focus on right now because that is going to be the important part of what to do next.  

If you feel like she would make a good wife and you two plan on marrying, work torward that goal.  If you are unsure, then perhaps a break is what you should do.  People do marry their first love and end up happy--------- so don't be afraid because you've never been with someone else.  But if you have sincere doubt about this relationship and a strong curiousity to explore other options, that is something to really think about.  

And the only thing I can say about no sex in 5 years--------- if you have felt like she has never had any interest at all as in no sex drive or attraction to you in that way, then this is a problem.  But if she just is sticking by what she believes and the promise of a sex life is there for once she is married, then I'd not worry as much about this aspect.

Don't worry about being alone.  Better to be alone than with the wrong person and sometimes if we hold onto our security blanket, we miss our opportunities in life.  Make sure you are with your girl for the right reasons.  
good luck!