Relationships Community
Could not penetrate!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Could not penetrate!

I am 23 years old and still a virgin. For the first time last night I attempted to have intercourse with my wife. We just got married day before yesterday. And I failed miserably! I didnt know what the hell I was doing!

I have a penis which is below average size. Its 4 inches when erect. I am starting to feel the size of my penis is an issue.

When I tried inserting the penis into her vagina, I could feel it was going inside somewhere. But my wife said it wasnt! I cant figure out where I was inserting it!

I'd like to know how deep inside is the vagina located? And please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Regards,
-- SK

PS: My wife is also a virgin
-2 Comments Post a Comment
Well... it's possible you were just between the outer lips, in which case she wouldn't feel it inside...

You could try doing it with her on top... that way it will go deeper and she will have better control of where it goes.
I think the best way is for her to guide you; actually hold your penis and put it where it belongs. Then you push from there gently, but perhaps not too gently. I mean, if her hymen is intact, then don't stop because you feel resistance. That would be normal and I think she may appreciate if you take some control after she helps you out at first.
Katrina and Shenanigins have good advise. Don't give up or get too disappionted. If you take their suggestions and have patience it will work. The worst thing is to be too anxious. all the best
I am not familiar with the female anatomy but its possible I was between the outer lips. What I forgot to mention in my previous post is that, I could feel a wall. And when I tried thrusting my penis against that wall, she complaint it was hurting. By then I started experiencing anxiety and lost my erection. Later after a while I asked her to sit on top and again, the same thing. It went inside somewhere and I could feel a wall. But at that time my erection had become weak and pretty much useless. So there wasnt much she could do. I am confident if I were able to maintain an strong erection at that time, she could have managed to insert it inside.

Now the questions, was that wall the opening of the vagina? How deep from there would the hymen be located? How much pressure would I need to apply over there? If she is on top of me and in control, do you guys reckon she would be able manage it?

I want to be fully educated the next time I attempt so that I dont get confused and experience anxiety. We are going to try again tommorow night.
Shadow,  look.  Just look and see what's there.  Probe her with your fingers,  and make this an adventure.  It sounds like both of you are so shy about this,  which I understand,  but you could ask her to show you herself - using a mirror,  or whatever.  

This is either a problem of anxiety with her muscles clamping up,  or it's just a matter of inexperience.    With love,  and humor,  you can get through this.

Best wishes.
I did just that today! And I think the place I put my penis last was indeed her vagina. But I am not sure. Today just below the urethra, I inserted my finger into a whole and it went around 3 inches inside. She told me she is a virgin and I believe her. But how is this possible? I thought the vagina is very tight and that it takes pressure to insert something in. How come without inflicting any pain I inserted a 3 inch finger into her vagina taking into consideration she is a virgin. This is the same hole I inserted my penis the first time we tried! And I was able to insert it without any problem and she said she couldnt feel much. I am seriously confused now!! Please help!
shadow,  sometimes women have very stretchy hymens (the membrane that partially,  but not completely,  covers a virgin's vagina) or their hymens can break in a bike accident or other vigorous physical exercise.

If she doesn't know where her vagina is,  you can be sure she's a virgin.   For her,  when you put your finger in there,  it WILL feel  numb.  The vagina is numb inside - with only like the outer inch having any feeling.  That's why women can't feel a tampon unless it's coming out.

I think you both should have a glass of wine,  and relax,  and have a try at this again.  You know where she is,  just take it slowly and you'll be fine.

So do you think I am inserting it into the vagina? Because if I am, I went around 2 or 3 inches inside so would that mean we have successfully consummated  our marriage?

And yes, one more important thing I would like to mention. The second time we tried, I wasnt wearing a condom. I ejaculated in less than 30 seconds or so. And later when I touched my penis I felt something covering its head. I checked and it looked something like a thin transparent tissue which I had to pull off from the head of the penis. Could that be her hymen?? Or was it just the lubricant that comes out of the vagina?
I don't know - it could have been,  I guess.  But I would think it would be a little bloody.
i think you and your wife need to get a book about sex and find out how to please each other. you also need to look up anatomy to find out about your sexual organs. since the two of you are new to sex i think this may help in learning how to give pleasure to each other. take care remar
I agree with Remar. You both need to study the female anatomy, although i would have thought your wife would know her vagina better. But im guessing you are deeply religious maybe?

Spend about 40 mins on foreplay to get yourselves nice and aroused. Try oral sex and exploring with fingers to get used to the feel of each other. Maybe get the lovers guide on DVD, that will explain things simply on how to please your partner.

Don't worry about your penis size; the most senstive part of a womans vagina is in the first 3rd, so near the outside is more sensitive. You will improve as you practice more and your ejaculation time will also improve.

Just try researching sex and remember to relax when you do it and im sure with practice you can both learn new things together and then your on your way to a great sex life!

Good luck and best wishes
Just want to address your worry about your wife being a virgin.  Of course she is. You are the only one who seems to doubt that. Many young girls use tampons when they are virgins and just getting their period. The junior size is at least as big as a finger. So, that does not mean anything at all.
And I am slightly confused about you doubting her on this, your lack of trust in her.

Maybe you should talk to some male friends about this. But TRUST is absolutely necessary.

Otherwise I agree with all of the comments. And especially the one suggesting you have a glass of wine.