Relationships Community
Dreaming about my ex
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dreaming about my ex

I have been in a happy relationship with my boyfriend now for more than a year. It seems like the entire time I have been having dreams about my ex taking me back. We broke up 6 years ago! We dated for 4 years in high school. A few weeks before my current relationship, a 3 1/2 year relationship with another man ended. I feel horrible when I have these dreams because I am always leaving my current boyfriend for my ex! I am happy in my dreams about leaving him and I shouldn't. My boyfriend is amazing. Why can't my mind just get over my ex?
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Hi there and welcome!  You would be amazed at how many people this has happened to!!  I've been with my husband for 16 years and still will have an old boyfriend pop into a dream here and there.  I'm always like "why?" as it seems so odd.  I'm happily married and don't think I'm thinking about these ex's to be dreaming about them.  But it still occasionally happens.

I sometimes dream about Brad Pitt too.  (those are GOOD dreams).

I don't take it all that seriously or think there is some special meaning in it.

If you are having recurring dreams though, perhaps your psyche is trying to work something out.  Our subconscious will do this for us.  It is trying to resolve some issues you have about the relationship perhaps or just is bringing up stored memories.  

Give your brain some time.  The dreams should become less.  If they aren't and bothering you, a therapist is great at exploring these things deeper.  good luck
Blank
Thanks specialmom
Blank
4522800_tn?1405696702
Oh Yes..I am going on 28 years of marriage and I dream of some of my Old Boyfriends here and there. But just in a friendship kind of way..Really strange I must say. At least I am not the only one..haha
Bless
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Our exes are in our minds for ever do to unresolved issues and until these issues are resolved the dreams will continue.
Blank
I think Our dreams can involve Our past(s) and Our experience(s) without it having to mean something sinister.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I'm sure You have a lot of dreams You consider meaningless - betcha this is one of those.  Don't make it an "issue" as it probably isn't.
Blank
How do you resolve the issues?
Blank
I wouldn't worry about it if it wasn't every night and most of them weren't about me leaving my current boyfriend for my ex.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Relationships Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...