Relationships Community
Easy to stray

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Easy to stray

Seems there is a lot more cheating going on with help from cellphones and e-mails.What's the best revenge? Success with your life,even if it takes awhile.
..."revenge?" !
... I hope that you mean, approach. It's always best to discuss before acting on a suspicion.
It's not a question. It's a statement. She is telling people that the best revenge is being successful.
@ x89rt: Okay, now it's it's clear... lol! ...thanks for the clarification.
@ dusa:  I would agree with that statement.
I know it looks like cell phones make it easy, but I contend cheating is a CHARACTER issue.  If it's NOT in one's CHARACTER to cheat he/she will NOT cheat!! PERIOD!! - under ANY circumstance - cell phone or no cell phone!!.  Morals and Standards are not dependent on whether or not one possesses a cell phone - that being said - I do think this whole cell phone business is "overdone" - adults as well as children.  
I agree with you dusa!  The best way to get back at a cheating partner is to go on and have a great life!  Then you can let all the pain go and just concentrate on being happy!  
I totally agree too.  "The best revenge is living well" is a VERY old saying!

Not only does the person who wronged you feel small,  but you are living well - so you've moved on and aren't focused on your loss.
I also agree that the method to cheat, facebook, cell phones, are not important.  The cheater/adulterer would have found a way if that is what they wanted to do.  That being said, I think casual relationships - let's say the cliche' co-worker affair - can start off quite innocent with some fun, work related texts, and quickly escalate into what both parties are sure is "true love" - "soul mates."   And the emotions and feelings feel very, very real to those parties.  Texts and tweets and facebook posts make it much easier to "be" someone different and explore the idea that leaving a spouse or relationship will be just great.

It was not in my ex wife's character to cheat - not ever.  But I think she became horribly depressed and the attention and excitement of the affair lifted her out of a debilitating depression - how could she NOT continue it, divorce me and marry him?  I saw that texting was the only time she really smiled during the end of our marriage.  Those texts were from "him."
But I also think Facebook and cell phones have made it easier for people to cheat. I mean someone may be tempted but not do it for fear of being found out but technology has given them the advantage.
I personally think if someone has it in his/her mind to cheat, they are going to find a way to do it. Always have and always will. On the other hand, if it is not in someones mind to cheat, even a naked person standing in front of them will not entice them to do it. Ya gotta be ripe for the picking.
Just my opinion...If you're going to cheat (male or female) having a cell phone, Facebook profile, email etc. isn't going to stop you. It does make it a lot easier. It boils down to basic fundamentals of relationships, RESPECT, TRUST, COMMUNICATION, and COMPROMISE. If both parties are willing, the emails, text messages, cell phones will even matter.