Relationships Community
Emotional abuse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Emotional abuse

I'm with my partner for 10 years, we are not married, we have two kids!

My problem is she puts me down a lot, you are shitt, you are useless etc. etc.,(which is funny as everyone knows me as an amazing dad and I have a super job) sometimes splits on me or throws things at me. The reason I'm with her is because of the kids as I don't want them to grow up without me there! We sleep in separate rooms and haven't had sex or anything in 4 years, which is very frustrating for me as I used to have lots of sex and it really gets me down!

I'm just wondering is there anything I can do to make my life better, I was recently thinking about seeing a prostitute as its so long since I had sex and really miss it, when I ask my partner for sex she laughs at me and tells me to wank off in the corner.

Day to day at home is ok, we don't really talk to much and I'm with my two kids, I always dreamed off getting married and being in love but I guess I'm to old (35) for that now and I cannot ever see myself leaving my kids due to her abuse as I'm stronger then that!

I'm sure there are so many people in this situation, any advice would be great

You sound like You think You are doing the 'best' for Your Children to stay in this relationship.  I question that for this reason:

You and Your Wife are modeling behavior to Your Children.  You are BOTH teaching BOTH Your Children to give or receive abuse.  'Nuff said

Good Luck
ok you really need to listen to what im saying and actually take it to heart, you are doing more damage to your children by staying and setting a very bad example for what marriage should be like, (i know its not you its her i just mean in general) would you want one of your children to be trreated the way you are?  probably not, but if you dont show them any different they are gonna end up in a  marriage just like yours, the fighting and negative has such a huge effect on your children you have no idea.  they need to have a strong role model to show them that this isnt right, if counseling is out of the question you need to leave, jusst because you separate doesnt mean your not going to be able to see your kids, is she  verbally abusive to them, maybe being with you would be a better environment for them.  also, your never to old to fall in love and get married dont be silly you have plenty of time for that.  the prostitute thing...hmmm..alot of peopple wouuld probably disagree with me but your not  legallly married and she seems to not care what you do but you need to be safe, there is other ways uno besides having to pay for it, just dont put yourself in a position that would cause her reasons to not let you have custody of those kids, also taking to someone about your rights as a father sso you can be informed if you do decide to leave, which i think you should, no one deserves to be treated that way and it abuse it also has long term effects on yourself and those children, please get back to me and let me know what you think good luck