Relationships Community
Fake Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Fake Pregnancy

I'm 19 and I'm currently faking a pregnancy. My boyfriend is currently in rehab and is being discharged in a week. He knows i'm ''pregnant'' and has recentlly told his parents. A year and a half ago I had an abortion and I've suffered from and eating disorder for 9 years now. My boyfriend and I were activelly trying to get pregnant before he left and when he returns we will start again. I don't know why I created this fake pregnancy and have made everyone believe it. What's wrong with me? What should I do?
Tags: Pregnancy
I think it is a good start that you are questioning yourself.  You are a young woman.  You have a life ahead of you.  Can you ask your parents to help you get some counseling?  You still have time before you completely derail your whole life.  Tell your parents and loved ones what you have done.  And get the help you need.  It obviously wasn't wise to try to get pregnant with your boyfriend right before he went to rehab . . . a child deserves a stable home.  And a pregnancy should wait until there is just that (right after rehab most likely not stable either . . .).  Your inner desire to be pregnant needs to be investigated.  And by the way . . .  it will backfire.  Once you actually have baby----  you will have no time to play games, do the things you take for granted now (like sleep!), or be carefree as a 19 year old can be.  And once you have a baby ALL the attention is on the baby.  You can be happy, I know it.  But you must step back and try to help yourself.  Good luck.  
I really recommend that you seek counseling to get to the bottom of your real problems. Faking a pregnancy or lying about something so serious is just going to add more problems, because you are going to have to find yourself lying constantly to cover a lie and that's dishonest and causes an unhealty environment and relationship. Also, I don't understand how you are trying to get pregnant, when you were pregnant a year ago and had an abortion. Life is precious and a gift and never take that for granted, because there are consequences to every action and it makes no sense to try to get pregnant and turn around and get an abortion. This is wrong and unfair to do this. The truth is going to eventually come out, because every lie will surface. One wrong move and your going to be exposed as fake, untrustworthy and definately something wrong with you, so come clean....the truth will set you free and seek the help that you need to find to get to the bottom of your real issues, and please do not bring a baby into this world, until you are emotionally and financially stable and can provide a life long positive, healty home environment.
Let's get this straight, you are not pregnant? But your boyfriend thinks you are.The question I have for you is why did you lie about this in the first place? Is it for attention or is it to trap him? Who is everyone ? You said he knows, he told his parents who else has been lied to.You shouldn't play games with peoples emotions. This was a very hateful thing to do.....But it is what it is....Know how to get you out of this mess.You need to tell the truth to everyone you have lied to. Explain to them why you did it and ask for forgiveness. More then likely his parents are going to be re leaved they have a lot on their plate with their son in rehab .As for your boyfriend he needs to get his life in order before he can take care of a baby. I think you need to rethink this hole baby thing, A baby can put a physical and mental strain on a relationship not to mention financial strain. You and you boy friend are still young you have a lot of time to have children. Get your life's in order, get some counseling for you eating disorder, you need to be healthy before you get pregnant so you can have a healthy baby. and he is just getting out of rehab he needs to get some aftercare lined up so he stays healthy......Good Luck
You are far far from growing up, so tell the truth and go for help, and you need lots of help with your eating disorder also get to a Dr and then grow up  luck  jo
Time to fake a miscarriage and run do not walk to the nearest psychiatrist. You are playing with fire my dear.
I also want to add on that this is very inmature behavior on your part. It's time to grow up, learn from your mistake and get your life straightened out,
I don't think faking a miscarriage is the solution, is just going to add to the problems, now running to the psychiatrist is a good thing, don't think that only crazy people go to them. At your age most girls are trying NOT to get pregnant, there must be an inner reason as to why you want to be, only you know it. Before is too late and you have to end up apologizing to a whole lot of people let everyone that is deceived by you know the truth, that you made it all up, and if you know why then tell them also why, since no one want to hear a oh yes I lied to you but I don't know why...I am sure by previous comments you already noticed grown ups do not think you have matured, you should consider this baby idea better, just know that its a GROWN UP job, you need maturity and stability to do so, and that is not acquired fast, some people take longer, so don't be affraid or in a hurry to mature, just be your age, and try to picture yourself with a crying baby, yeah yeah, I know babies are super cute, but they aren't that cute at 3 am...or when is diaper changing time...when you want to go out with friends and can't because you have a baby etc etc etc, besides, if you were trying to have a baby before your bf got into rehab, his system was still intoxicated by drugs or alcohol,  I don't know what he did, but whatever, is still means there is a greater risk for your baby to be born with some sort of desease, mental retardation, or even deformation, not  to mention your eating problem will enhace this. Is this really what you had pictured in your mind? not to sound cruel but, if you are doing it for fashion or because you will look so cute with a baby, or because it will be like have a chubby little doll to play with, just remember, your chubby doll might be born retarded, blind, with heart problems just to mention some possibilities. Go on and do the right thing, that will help you walk towards your maturity, little by little!
Well i dont know if you really need a psychiatrist, your young and done something silly, a lot of young ones do, we have all been there. But you need to get help with the eating disorder, you want to be healthy when you do finally have a pregnancy, you need to tell the truth to your boyfriend and everyone one else, starting a relationship on a lie wont work.Id'e go the Counselor more than a Psyc, you obviously have issues to work on ..good luck:)