Guys shaving down there
It's not something that most guys talk to one another about....but you women may have more to say about it.

I shave around my scrotum and shaft of penis. My wife who is the only person I've ever 'been with' thinks I'm a bit weird.  But I think it's cleaner and more comfortable.

My question is:  Is this the norm or the exception?  Do other guys do this too? If women shave or wax down there, then why can't guys?

My other question is:  Is this an area that they would do laser hair removal....or is that not done?

you would be surprised by the amount of men that clean up in that area. i think its a necessity haha. laser, hmm maybe. but id clear that with the wife before you do, after all, you need to have her like it :)
She doesn't complain....she just thinks it's out of the norm.

naw, i see more men shaving their bodies these days (im a massage therapist) however i dont see THAT part lol. a friends hubby shaves because he says it make it look bigger lol.
Most guys I've talked about this with or been with AT LEAST trim down there to some extent. Everything feels cleaner for both partners :) I know I appreciate it, and hopefully your partner does too ;)

As far as laser hair removal goes, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get that down, unless there are certain risks that go with the area. Your best bet would be to call in and find out.
well its not about how you look in a swimsuit. its sexy, its tidy and well it doesnt have to itch like that lol. i think its great when my dh is all cleaned up, i find it a turn on.
What a funny topic.  

I "clean up" around the pubic area if I'm going to the beach or a public pool,  but it makes me so itchy I sometimes have to do relaxation breathing.  Like,  if I'm somewhere where it's not appropriate to scratch. So.  I can't believe there is a guy who says it's more comfortable to shave.  

To me,  it's torture.  My husband has never,  ever in his life shaved his privates,  because he wears a man's surfer bathing suit,  not a woman's suit where nothing is left to the imagination,  hair-wise.    When we go to the beach for a long weekend,  I have to excuse myself and pretend to go to the bathroom to scratch.  

Seems like it takes all kinds.  ;D

hi , in uk its poular for men to shave , my husband does and his mates . its better for us women too !( without tmi )i prefer it shaved ! x x
As for the laser hair removal - wouldn`t that fry the sperms? Even if anyone offers that service, I would read up about it. Even hot baths have been said to kill sperms. That might not justify a clean shave.
As for the looks, I know women who frown upon guys who spend more time on body maintenance than they do...but some experimental spirit can never hurt.
Okay I peed my pants when you said the guy shaved to look bigger.  What he routinely shows it to people?

I can't imagine my dh shaving down there....now if I could get him to shave his back!  lol

Ciel

P.S.  Is massage safe during pregnancy?
many guys trim down there, if you dont i think that is nast.  Doesnt your wife trim down there?  i friggen hope so
I shave down there aswell. I think that a lot of men at least keep it neat, if not completely shaven.
shave it all off allover ! it tastes so much better !

oh you can keep ya eyebrows though ! lol lol
you know massage can be wonderful during pregnancy but there are instances you shouldnt do it. you should be out of your first trimester. you should have a note from your dr, so everyone knows its safe. certain conditions make it a no no. i dont really do them, i have a few, but i dont now. i think i need more education on it. find a therapist that has had a class specific for prenatal massage. ask questions to make sure they seem to know what they are doing. and they should not touch your ankles ever!! its a pressure point that can stimulate contractions. there are also some oils that should not be used as they are absorbed into the body. :) see more than i want to deal with lol. but even though with all that said, many women rely on massage to help with sciatica and back pain during pregnancy. sorry for using this origional poster, i figured the hair talk was about done lol.
Hey,  Quit hijacking my post.  What do massages have to do with me shaving my boys?
im so sorry sunseeker, i didnt mean any harm. i figured your boys had heard lots of suggestions lol. i wont bother your boys again hehe
I'm not worried about killing the little swimmers,  I had a vasectomy years ago.  Besides, I don't think a topical laser could do much harm to them anyway.

As far as cleaning up down there, I find that its much more comfortable than going grizzly.  And it doesn't itch if its kept shaved.

The only place (other than porn) that I've seen guys with that area shaved is at the nude beaches that I've been to.  But then again, I really don't get in the habit of looking at other guys in the buff.
lol i think this is the funnies post ive seen here

im all up for shaving. my bf trims its good enough for me.

i duno i think its a little weird if a guys "guy" is all naked - arent him and the boys cold tho?

you shave every day? please tell me how it doesnt irritate???
LOL!!!!!!

Oh my God....that was funny!......the guy is all about his boys!! ......that's cute...

on the other hand.....I ABSOLUTELLY have a fetish with my hubby shaving down there......he knows when he wants the 'full service', the only thing he has to do is shave down there and let me know...........I just GO nuts over him.......(nuts?? get it??? lol)

never mind.....
I can't bring myself to shave everything....Just the Beans and Frank.  I leave the shrubbery up top but trim the hedges.  Twice a week is generally often enough.  No itching at all.

As far as you girls.....Shave (or wax) it all.....Big turn on for me.

I shave down there quite frequently because my wife likes it that way.  Recently I had a surgical procedure and the nurse shaved my pubic area and now I keep it that way all the time.  I like the feel of the smooth skin and my wife says its like having sex with a young boy.  I think she really gets off on it. so if she does, I do too.
I have shaved for years. Everything, except a small patch above the shaft. At first my wife didn't like it and had a fit. I guess it grew on her cause after about a year I started to let it grow back and she told me to keep it shaved. It feels much better this way.
My honey shaves em bare! I would find hair on him there uncomfortable...He's always shaved and so have I. We like to be clean. Were so used to it that it doesn't have any itchiness to it either..I would expect my guy to AT LEAST trim it real short!!
Yes they do laser hair removal there.  It is very common for both men and women.  They usually ask about it while you are there doing another body part and 2/3 of both sexes will say what the heck.  Just remember you have to get it done more than once to get rid of ALL of the hair.  They do the back end too!  (I have a girlfriend who works in a clinic and asked her!)  
Yep, Hubby keeps Big Jim and the Twins foliage-free.  :-)
my hubby trims and i think it is alot sexier that way, and i also do the same.......i am not big on the bush style!!!
oh my gosh i couldnt imagine my hubby completely shaved, although he has offered. he trims it and its too much for me, i like my men to be manly...also hes not THAT hairy so i guess if he were i wouldnt mind him shaving so much.
I have shaved the whole area for years now, I find that most women find it sexy.  Actually my ex-g/f was the one who suggested it when I shaved my chest for my triathlon she just kept on going...
I will save your itching life now with a product recommendation that works. it's called 'BIKINI PLUS', and comes in a tube, but not every store carries it. The major ingredient is Diphenhydromine Hydrochloride 1%. i think it's the same as Benadry. Write this down and ask at the pharmacy if they have an equivalent product. good luck, it works and is for just that. No more red spots either.
How about women. Do you know how common it is? times have changed a lot.
this is what i say its your body do with it as you please don't think its weird if some people don't like it,it all matters how you feel and how it makes you feel
I'm a guy. I shave or trim my entire body, underarms too. I'll never go back. It's much cleaner and better for hygiene too.
UMMM Hello? Hell ya shave it. Ask your wife if she wants hair in her mouth or teeth. EWWW! LOL
Men want their women shaved and if anything is left it needs to be short short short. Women should also want their man clean! Have a great one!  Blondie2334
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it in fact, I don't think it is OK to not keep trim down there. I would never rock a full bush and I would not be Ok with my boyfriend doing it, especially of he wants me to go "down town"  :)
Even when I was preggers and couldn't see that area, I had my boyfriend help keep me trimmed up. Sorry if TMI lol
some women like there men hairy because they think its more manly. got news for them i shave my entire body and im just as manly as there man. the problem today is women are into what a man looks like instead of whats in there heart. go for it shave it off.
i think its very very common for guys to do that  my ex hubby has always done that and i think its better that way then all wild ahah. so its normal  jus shave and if u feel confident and like it then continue to do what makes you makes you feel happy
I am going to the doctors tomorrow for a check up. The down side is I shaved down there.do you think he"LL care. And if so what's an excuse to tell him.