He's my best friend and ex boyfriend
He said he never wants to talk to me again. I was completely in the wrong for the argument. My ex boyfriend is my best friend and I love him dearly. But in the heat of an argument that we had two days ago. I said something that I knew I shouldn't have. I was angry and I completely regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth. He means so much to me and I didn't wanna hurt him. After my really bad break up about a couple months ago (6-7) I was really confused. I turned to my ex boyfriend for help and he gave it to me.we started talking after that and sparks began to fly. We decided to give it another shot, but I knew that I wasn't completely over my previous ex boyfriend. I lead him on, I came clean about and apologized. He was a little upset and wished that I would have been honest from the beginning. I know I had been very wishy washy with him and I know that he is in love with me and wants to make up for lost time. But I just couldn't let go of the past, the past being when we first started dating he was in love with his ex, I cheated. Time had passed and he had definitely showed me that he had changed but I just couldn't put it behind me. One thing I know for sure is I dont want to lose him. I want to apologize for being such a jerk to him but I'm afraid I'll just be making things worse than they already are.
P.s. Sorry this  was really scattered. And kinda confusing.
Also I want to be friends with him but he wants to be more than friends with me. I still have alot of things to figure out emotionally. Btw I'm 16 and he's 18. Ever since we met almost two years ago he has wanted to have a future with me. He's sweet and loving. But what happened in the past relationship really scares me because I dont know if he'll go back to that. He's forgiven me from cheating on him.
I think this was a very,  very healthy thing for him to do,  to walk away completely.

He wants a romantic/sexual relationship,  and you don't.  You just want him there as a friend.  Whether you cheated on him,  used him,  whatever,  in the past,  the truth is right here and now you just want to have him around as a friend and he still wants more than that.

Good for him for walking cleanly away.  It's the healthiest,  strongest thing he could do.  And it would be mature and empathetic of you to allow him to leave without continuing to try to draw him back to you,  for whatever reason I don't really fully understand.

Respect his wishes and the space that he needs right now. He's in self preservation mode because he's most likely feeling heartbroken and mislead.
There's a chance that you might be able to be friends again, but it probably will never be the same as it was years ago for the two of you. It is fine to apologize to him, but do this without expecting anything in return... At this point, be thankful for the relationship you once enjoyed with him; and allow him to do what he needs to do, to move on from this...
Good Luck
I want to apologize for being such a jerk to him but I'm afraid I'll just be making things worse than they already are.

The question is, should you or should you not... continue to draw him back to you, when you know that he'll end up falling for you, and you will continue to have a problem with him for still loving his ex.

The kindest thing you can do for him, is to let him go his own way. Let him live his own life without keeping you tied to him. And vice versa. Live your own life. Both of you can develop new friendships and relationships without having each other getting in the way of something new and something more compatible.

The best thing would probably be that you both focus individually on your education and not make a "relationship" such a huge priority at this time. High school needs a lot of you focus in order to do your best work, and often young people hide behind a relationship to the detriment of your future.

My opinion is that you let him walk away. You and he have gone back and forth enough that he knows that you're sorry for whatever it was you said. I think he'd rather you NOT apologize. A break between you both is what is needed for you to both move on ...... Yes, he's hurting , but if you apologize he'll still be hurting. It's better that he learn how to handle his life and his feelings without you.

If you respect his need to move on without you, then you may have a chance of being friends in the long run, in the future.
He started talking to me again