Relationships Community
How do I tell my boyfriend I have HPV/genital warts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Okay, so me and this guy dated for about two years and never had sex because we wanted to wait until we got married. When we started getting serious I told him about the other people I had had sex with before him. Everything was fine, but we eventually broke up because we were both wanting different things at that time. Six months went by and I didn't see him or talk to him. I made some really bad decisions during those six months and now I have genital warts. Me and him have started talking a little bit and hanging out some again. I don't know how to tell him that I have warts now. I'm afraid he won't want to get back together with me because of this. I also don't want to have to tell him that I made some bad mistakes while we weren't together. I know I shouldn't lie to him, but I am scared that if I tell him about having sex with other people and getting an STD he won't want to date me again. I'm almost positive I got the warts from a partner after me and my boyfriend broke up, but it could have been from before we even started dating. I am so confused and so upset about all of this. I got them frozen off a couple weeks ago, but I just found two more. Now that we are hanging out again, we are kissing some and I'm afraid he's going to want to do more and I won't know what to say or how to tell him. What should I do, and how should I go about telling him? PLEASE HELP ME!
Be honest with him if you really care for him. Don't let things get to the point where you don't tell him and your relationship progresses to become sexual. He has a right to know that you have an STD. Don't you wish that who ever gave you the STD had told you that he had one?
I think that you should just tell him, and like ania_2 said, dont you wish that person who gave it to you had told you they had an STD? You should also talk to your doctor, or a doctor about ways to prevent spreading the STD to other people and/or treating it now. If you decide to have sexual contact with any other people, including oral, you should use some sort of protection. You have to make all of your partners aware of your STD, including past ones that you could have given it to. If he really likes you, then he'll understand and won't be mad or stop talking to you. Also, if you tell him before you two decide to start anything sexual, he'll probably respect that more than if you didn't tell him until after.  Good Luck though!
thanks everyone for your advice!! I know I should tell him I have an STD, I just don't want to tell him it's most likely from a guy since we have broken up!!! I know telling the truth is the best thing though.
let me re-word that. ha. it sounds weird and I can't figure out how to delete it.

Basically I don't want him to know I have been having sex while we have been broken up.