Relationships Community
I am scared to kick him out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

I am scared to kick him out

OK, So I am going through a divorce. I rather abrubtly, to ease the pain, moved another man into my house. Now, we have broken up, and I cannot seem to get him out of there. It is unhealthy for me, and he has drained me of a lot of money. I want to tell him to leave tonight, but I am scared. Scared he will get violent. Sad that it has come to this. Confused in general if I am the worst person in the world.
Oh my goodness, I'm sorry.  This stinks.  I'm proud of you for realizing that moving someone in right away was a huge mistake.  It is like 'coming to your senses'.  But now you have a monster on your hands that you are afraid of.  

Call someone to come over.  Even a girl friend to be a witness.  Have her and you yourself have that phone in your hand to call 911 immediately should something get out of hand.  And I'd go today to the police station to file a restraining order.  I'd have a locksmith change your locks.  Yes, it will cost you to have the locks changed but is worth it.  And you tell him this when you say goodbye tonight along with handing him the paperwork on the restraining order.  You aren't going to be pushed around.  If he is violent, hit 911 and file a report.  

If you are in danger for real, run while dialing the phone.  

So actually, if you can have a male family member with you, that would be best.  

ugh, wishing you lots of luck.  
Specialmom gave great advise. Call the police immediatly as he now is using you and will not give up a good thing easy. Have the police involved as they will have a talk with him about no contact in the future. Its good you feel bad about having done this as all people have feelings including the new roomate.
I am so sorry for what you are going through, but I promise that it will get better! As for the guy you allowed to move in ... don't beat yourself up over that! When a person is in pain and lonely and feeling as though they are unloveable, mistakes can certainly happen - confused choices. You are obviously worried about getting this guy out of your house. First I would ask him to leave ... but if you aren't even comfortable with that then I would call the police and explain the situation. Let them know that you are afraid how this guy will act if you try to put him out. The police WILL come to your house and stay with you until he is gone. I would also tell him to make sure he takes everything that belongs to him, because you will call the police if he comes back to the house. My heart goes out to you ... I wish you the very, very best! Take care now... :-)
I'm so sorry also to hear Your fear.  I too, think You should call the Police, explain Your situation, and have an Officer present as You ask Him to leave.  This sends a Very Strong Message to Him.  It lets Him know that You have made the Police aware.  You should not have to be afraid, and if You are,  then absolutely You should take steps to be certain You are safe and protected.

and, NO You Are NOT The Worst Person In The World!!  Sometimes We make mistakes - Each and Every One of Us - and then We learn.

Good Luck and Be Safe