I want my husband back
My in laws behavior with me was not good.although,my parents gave them 15 lakhs Indian cash and lot of gold at my marriage.Even that they kept me in their house as i was their servent. Their daughters also live with them and me and my elder sister in law had to do all household chores.And my mother in law and father in law did not gave me a permission to go out and work anywhere.But i was well educated.they even gave mentally torture me and my parents who are in India.two months before because of some reasons i called the police,picked up my stuff and left my home.Me and my husband still love each other.We always talk to each other on phone.I want to live with him and he too wants to live with me.The problem is that he has no guts and he can't say to his parents that we want to live together and his parents already said him that if he will leave a house he can't come back even when they(his parents)will die.But my husband is my life.I will die without him.I m living with someone knowing me.But i can't stay with them forever.I am alone in this country.please help me to solve out this problem.I am in so much stress this time.I don't want to lose my husband.Please do something.I want him back within a weak.I will be very thankful to you.
I don't think you can make him change, he has to want things to change to the extent that he is willing to leave everything he was raised to love.  It is a terrible shame that your in-laws are being so harsh; they are evidently trying to force him (and you) into accepting this second-class citizen role for you by telling him it's either them or you.  In the past, it has not been uncommon in India for daughters-in-law to be kept in near-servitude -- although this does not excuse it perhaps your in-laws are just being traditional.  I do not know if you can say he is being weak; he is being asked to make a very cruel choice.  I understand you love him, the question is whether he is willing to step away from his entire world to go with you, or whether you are willing to accept servitude to be with him.