Relationships Community
Infedellity in a marriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Infedellity in a marriage

Married for almost 33 years,still in love with my husband, he is my best friend.When he took medication for a dead nerve on his foot, his sexual drive as somehow vanish.. Now, he has no desires for sex at all. As for me, I am a very passioante loving women, and enjoy sex alot, We havent had sex for two years, he dont want to even try, and if I talk to him about it , he gets upset with me..Is it wrong for me to go out of my marriage for sex?  Now understand being a spanish women, I am very passionate.. Ida Louise
If you want to stay married, do not go looking for sex somewhere else. You will destroy your marriage that way. If your husband doesn't want to talk about it, try writing him a letter explaining exactly how you feel. Show him how much you love him and you make the first move to initiate sex. Good luck.
33 years is a lot to throw away over a medical condition. There are other ways of achieving satisfaction even if  he cannot get it up, so to speak. No looking outside of the marriage is not an option, unless your willing to lose your marriage. I am betting communication between you is lacking as well otherwise the compromise would have already been met.
Please do not do this! It will destroy your relationship. If you truly love your husband as you say you do then look for another option.
First,  being "Spanish" is irrelevant.  Don't use ethnicity as a excuse to do this.

Second, Be honest with your husband. Value your relationship above all else. You don't want to wake up one day and realize that you lost your best friend forever. In the end, sex is secondary.  Try try try to talk to your husband. Explain to him how you feel. When you talk to him, maybe offer suggestions and alternatives that will meet both your needs: maybe that  is him changing medications, or treatments. Maybe it is you being less demanding or  both  of you finding alternative means of pleasure.  Your husband  is probably very much aware of this issue, and hurts too. Even if he won't admit it. Men can be very sensitive about this area.

PassionFlower09
Has your husband tried any of the mess for ed?
I'm an irish/german/hungarian/english woman and I'm extremely passionate so ethnicity has NOTHING to do with passion.

As the other have said...if you want to remain married DO NOT CHEAT! It's not like he's just refusing you...he has a medical problem. 33 years is a long time to throw away because of sex.
... you have to ask yourself... is satisfying a sex drive sex worth the damage and potential loss within a longstanding, 33 year relationship? Now, don't get me wrong... I'm a Latina, so I get where you're coming from when it comes to being "passionate" and all. But, realize that you do risk losing what you have now, verses what you may or may not get outside of the marriage.

So, getting to your question, "Is it wrong... to go outside... of marriage for sex?"
I personally think it's wrong.

But, is it wrong for you? ...that's something only you can answer!