Relationships Community
Is he cheating or tell the truth?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Is he cheating or tell the truth?

So about a month ago shortly after I found out I was PG. I spent the weekend at my parents, my hubby stayed home bcuz of work. Anyhow, I had "womena intuition" that something was up bcuz I called him Friday night to say goodnight and he rushed me off the phone(which he NEVER does) and said he was working (he doesnt ever work that late). I decided to come home early Saturday evening and he wasnt home so I called him and he said he was getting some tools he needed for work(confirmed bcuz he came home with them). So I go inside the house and check around to see if anything has been moved in our "box" and it had so I went to the restroom and as I look down in the trash can was a rolled up piece of paper with a wrapper sticking out. I pull it out of the trash can only to find it was a condom wrapper. I confront him when he gets home and he says he swears on his mothers life he didnt cheat! And said he was bored, grabbed a porno and put a condom on and masturbated. Here is where his story makes no sense to me, he can work the dvd player to save his life...who connected it for him? Am I over thinking the situation? Should I trust him & move on? He has never cheated before and hasnt been using condoms w/me (obviously!) why would he use on to masturbate? Help! >_< I feel like Im gonna lose it.
Hi there and welcome.  Hm.  Well, is your gut really telling you that he cheated?  Ouch.  I sure hope not.  As he is sticking to his story----  you don't want to accuse him over and over again.  Wait and see instead.  How about a quick look at his cell phone or computer?  

His story could be true.  You don't want to go over the top at this point.  But I'd check a few things out and keep your eyes open from here on out.

hopefully his story is true.  peace and luck to you
Hi also, my gut feeling is he is telling the truth and was just fooling around. Sometimes men like to be alone and do silly things as the little boy is always just under the surface and does pop up when no one is looking. Also if he cheated he surley would have covered his tracks and not put the condom wrapper in the trash can. With the DVD, youd be surprised what men can do when in a sexual frenzy. And swearing on his mother life is a serious thing to say from a sons perspective.
Maybe you being PG dont feel sexy to him and a bit self consciouse but he sounds like a normal working husband.
I find it very odd that he would use a condom to masturbate.  Not that people don't do that, but I don't think it's very common, and it sounds out of character for him.

I think some more investigative work may be necessary here.  I hate to encourage being sneaky or suspicious, but I would suggest snooping a bit, and maybe even go away fro another weekend, and come home WAY early, like Friday night.  I dunno.

I think you're justified in being suspect of this whole thing.

Best to you...I hipe you find out that he's been truthful.
My ex use to masturbate with condoms.. its the only way hr would do it i had personally walked in on him doing it. it may be a bit more common than u would think.. still I would agree to not accuse any more and do a bit more snooping.. best of luck
Thanks everyone! :)
Yeah, but the OP states this is not common behavior for her hubby.

Hope you find some answers.
Keep your eyes wide open and say nothing more about this.  See what happens.  

Buying condoms just for "masterbation (masturbation)?"  IDK about that.  Sounds like a flaky explaination at best.  

Keep us posted.