Relationships Community
Is my ex lying to me about being pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Well last july 27, we did it without protection but she told me she had just just finished her period. Then come 2nd week of August we broke up. Now on the 29th of August she tells me first she's delayed a week and a half. But before I know it, she changes it she tells me now its a month in a half and she never claimed to say week and a half. I know it may sound like a stupid question but i really think she is lying. Cause first of all if she was delayed a month and a half then she lied to me on the 27th, but if she was already delayed to weeks at that time could that still mean I got her pregnant? Or she most probably is just screwing with me? I need help ASAP please!
Tags: ex, pregnant, could, lie, lying, test, being, preggy
Hi there.  Well the thing with pregnancy is that someone can only lie about it for so long if that is what she is doing.  

Of course she could be pregnant if you had unprotected sex with her whether it is a month and a week or just a week and a half.  ALWAYS use protection if the idea of impregnating someone is horrible to you!  No matter what or what they tell you.  While there is a pattern to ovulation most often, once in a blue moon---  women will have an unusual cycle and unintended pregnancies happen.  So, always use protection.

So, I'd do one of two things.  I'd tell her that you'd like to go to her next doctor's appt. with her OR show up at her place with an over the counter, drug store pregnancy test.  Those don't lie. . .  while false negatives are common, false positives are not.  So, tell her to take a test in front of you.  

And otherwise, you just wait it out.  You aren't obligated to her in any way.  If it turns out she is pregnant and its your baby (I'd do a paternity test)--  then you are absolutely obligated to the baby.  

good luck
In my experience, pregnant ex-girlfriends are VERY willing to show you a positive pregnancy test.
Be sure she takes the test in front of you, if you go the test route.  As specialmom says, you have plenty of obligation to a child, but none to the mom, so don't let her blackmail you emotionally or mess with your head.  Either she is pregnant or she is not, either it is your baby if there is one, or it is not.  Those are things that will sort themselves out with time and tests.  Try to stay calm, just because she's being an inconsistent drama queen does not mean you should become a freaked-out drama king.  One of you, at least, should be acting mature.
I am having the opposite situation, I think she is pregnant but wont admit to it, says on the phone " I am not pregnant but I if I was I would never admit it to you" and will not take a test to indicate whether she is or not... Don't I have any rights to know? I just want to know. She wont text me anything about it, says that it can be used as a legal document, etc.  
WE had broken up this past August, and she had indicated to me she was pregnant, so I was stepping up to the plate and coming around. But then I made her take four pregnancy tests all which came out negative. But while I thought she was in fact pregnant, I had intercourse with her. After all this was done, she texted me in mid November and said that she was pregnant again, and I told her I did not believe her. She proceeded to tell me she took a blood test and that it showed she wasn't. I have started to move on but then this started to haunt me as maybe she is, so I called her and she said she never went for a blood test and that she was not pregnant but that if she was she would never admit to it, as she would be worried I would try to obtain custody, and that she would not be willing to take a test to prove that she is not. I don't know what to do I want to move on but if she is pregnant I need to focus on a child , and if she is not I want to do things with my life and start seeing other people feeling confidant that there is no ties in the past. What can I do ?!
Johnny,  shortly it will be obvious if she's pregnant.  I hope you kept the text from her saying she's pregnant.  

Can you see her?  At this point it might be hard to tell,  but in another two months it will be clear that she's either 6 months along or  not pregnant.

I don't know how filing for paternity is done in Canada,  but I would call a family law agency and find out.