Relationships Community
Lonely wife

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Lonely wife

I am 68 years old and my husband is turning 72. He appears to be impotent and no longer is interested in sex or is not the least the bit affectionate. He hates it if I bring the subject up and if I do he blames me and says I don't wear sexy lingerie. I want to be wanted but now i am starting to loathe him. I feel I am too old (I am really young looking and pretty! sorry!) to live alone or start a new life alone. I have no self esteem now.

This discussion is related to My Husband Never Wants To Have Sex!.
Well, he already asked you to wear sexy lingerie.  Have you tried that?  

What is your relationship like outside the bedroom?  This will predict how it will be in the bedroom.  
Holy Hell! If you are still horny at 68 you are my new role model! Wow! That is awesome! You must be a pretty fantastic person!  Is the hubby getting off another way? Does he masturbate without you? Is he sexually active at all?

What you wrote about him not showing you affection could make any woman of any age feel not wanted. We woman have this amazing ability to think the world revolves around the husbands we are stuck with sometimes. That said, remember there are millions of men out there who more than likely would adore you for the beautiful woman you are. There is no remedy for a stupid man. And by stupid, I mean ignorant of the blessed woman he has the privilege of sharing his life and hopes and dreams with.  If he does not recognize the aged beauty in front of him, well then YOU NEED TO! You are beautiful, I can promise you that. Dont rely on his opinion of you. If you want to be wanted by him, you must first come to the conclusion that this may never happen. My guess is, if you have already posted this you have more than likely began reaching out for attention in other areas as well. Weather it be the internet or a social club or church for crying out loud. I bet there is some other channel you have that you can fill that need of attention. Do not make sex with him the only outlet to fill that longing for love in you life. After all. The chase never ended when you got married, he just may be taking a break and cannot keep up. You be the foxy catch he chased after all these years and he will either perk up eventually and or poop out! No matter what, be confident and know you are a woman and strong and beautiful. Good luck and I hope this opinion of mine helps you on your journey!
Peace
Hi.  Your post makes me a little sad.  I assume you've been with this man a long time and to think that after all these years . . . the bedroom wars wage on!  I want you to feel wanted and to have a sex life!  

What bothers me about your husband is that he does not.  When did he stop being loving and affectionate to you?  Was he always lacking in this department?  Did it all start with the impotence issue?  Is he embarressed?  Or has some sort of dance like this been going on for a long time and it has just gotten to a new level?  Important questions to answer.

A good question asked above is what your relationship is like as a whole.  If he has been loving and wonderful and sensitive to you---------- when things started to unravel in the bedroom----------  I would think he'd care enough to show you some empathy.  But the way you describe his response makes me think that this is just on the surface of the problems you two have.  Is that true?

Impotence can be caused for a number of reasons.  It can actually be due to depression which could also account for his nasty mood/response to you.  Could this be going on?  There are other medical conditions that impotence can be the result of -----------  he should have a full physical to find out why this is happening to him.  For his own sake as well as yours.

I do wish you luck.  I hope that you are able to work this out.  Peace.