Relationships Community
My Ex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

My Ex

On Friday when I was coming home, I ran into one of my ex boyfriends from 2 years ago and now I can't stop thinking about him. I'm in a great relationship now, I love my current boyfriend to death (we have been dating for over a year now). My ex (Danny), tells me that he misses me and hated the fact that we broke up. I was never in love with him nor did I ever love him, it was more of physical type relationship (a more "friends with benifits type"). Now thinking about everything, I mean Danny is more my type (Dominican, sexy eyes great smile) and my boyfriend now (White, not the hottest ever, but cute) but I do know this one thing: I DID FIND LOVE IN MY CURRENT BOYFRIEND. I love My boyfriend sooooo much, but I can't stop thinking about my ex. He also kissed my cheek when we went our seperate way, and I hate to admit it but I LIKED IT!!! : ( Last night I had a dream about my ex but I don't want too!!! I know I have no desire to cheat on my boyfriend, because he saitfys me all the time and I'm 100% in love with him and devoted only to him but why do I keep thinking of my ex?!?!?!!?! Any help on how to stop thinking about my ex??? Is it my concensence saying that I want Danny? But I know there is no furture with Danny, he's not the type that just settles for 1 girl, but yet I think I might wanna be with him. : (

I need some advice on how to overcome this....I don't want this to ruin my relationship with my boyfriend.

niki
Tags: boyfriend, ex boyfriend, relationship, worried
I don't know exactly how to get over your ex, but if you re-read your post it is obvious that you want to.  All Danny has to offer is good looks and sex, and no relationship can last on that because they both fade.  I would not allow your mind to think about him, and if you run into him, I wouldn't give him the time of day.  He kissed your cheek while you were seeing another man, he does not have integrity and you don't want that.

I don't think this is your conscience saying you want your ex... this is temptation trying to get you to leave love for lust.
I understand fully what your saying. It's just that I haven't thought about him since we broke up, and now it's bohering me. I don't want to think about him, but my stupid brain allows me to dream about him and I hate it!!! I know I would never leave my boyfriend, I love him way to much to ever hurt him. I know I have a good furture with my current guy, and thats all I want.

Thanks for your advice
I struggled with thoughts of my ex while in a relationship, and it is difficult.  The only thing I can say is to become a master of your thoughts.  

I am still working on that at times.

Good luck.
i think it has more to do with him running into you and giving you a few "i miss you" lines.  that got your mind to racing.  it wouldnt have been the same if he had run into you and introduced you to his girlfriend or had talked about his exciting new career only.  Then the sweet little kiss just topped off/finished off the rest.  since you know youre completely satisfied with your current bf, i say to just igore what your mind is doing as for as drawing images of the 2 of you.  it will fade soon
I have been with my fiance for almost 3 years. We seperated about a year ago for a few weeks. I was in that rebound mode. I was friends with this guy that liked me...i always liked him but we didnt act on it..well we slept together, but I didn't think he wanted to pursue an actual relationship. A week later my boyfriend reconciled and have been fine ever since. I have seen the other guy around and have hung out with him maybe 3 times because we remained friends, but everytime I just couldn't help myself but to think about being with him. I love my fiance very very much and couldn't imagine my life without him, but my mind wandered. The other guy was cute and just a great guy...I probably could find happiness with him but I just wanted my boyfriend. So I put those thoughts behind me and tried my best to not talk to the other guy. And my boyfriend knows about him too!

Funny enough the guy just texted me last night at midnight. He just said Hey..and my boyfriend was coming to bed as my phone went off and started singing along with his assigned ring tone lol. I didn't answer him though. Were strictly friends and I intend to keep it that way!