Relationships Community
My boyfriend test positive for Gonorrhea and i am Negative but he blame...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

My boyfriend test positive for Gonorrhea and i am Negative but he blames me!

I have been seeing a man in a monogamous relationship for a year now. recently, he told me that he was showing symptoms of an std and was going to get tested. he said he didn't blame me. i told him i was faithful to him to whole time and i went and got tested to prove that i was clean.

His results came back postive for gonorrhea. mine came back negative. He has unceremoniously shut me out of his life. its been three weeks and he still wont talk to me. i feel like im going crazy. for some reason, i feel guilty but i didn't do anything to deserve this treatment. i trust him. and he was so adamant about him not sleeping with anyone else. and the fact that he still won;t talk to me is confusing because it seems like he's telling the truth. but the bottom like is i could not give him a disease that i don't have.

Could be have gotten it for ANYWHERE else? i trust him ad i care about him a great deal. help should i just let it go. perhaps he lying to me and has slept with someone else?

Lisa
STD viruses can maintain dormant within the body for a while and then the person won't even know that he/she has the  STD until their first outbreak.

If you haven't done anything, there is absolutely no reason for you to have to apologize. Maybe his past is coming back to haunt him and I do hope you protected yourself at all times with him.

Regardless of how he got it... he obviously didn't get it from you!
And, I suspect that his silence is an admission of a guilty conscience.
As of now, he's avoiding you because he can't face you... without an explanation.
It is possible that one (or both) of you got the STD from a past relationship and it is just now rearing it's ugly head.  My first thought was the same as butterfly's, though.  That he cheated and is now paying for it.  If it was laying dormant this whole time chances are you will get it.  You just have mild or no symptoms right now.  Keep getting tested and in the meantime use protection when he clears his up so the chance of you giving it back to him is reduced......that is when he stops acting like a child and speaks to you again.
I'm sorry.  I meant you have it, not you will get it.  Especially if you guys have had unprotected sex.
To be honest with you, if he had Gonorrehea, I would touch him and I have to agree with some of the other posting. Maybe his past is coming back to haunt him and he might want blame it on you, to cover up infidelity that he doesn't know how to face. Busted big time!
Let him go this is just his way of saying goodbye, and you are better off without him, he got it somewhere else  jo
I'm sorry, I meant that I WOUDN'T touch him, in fact, I would leave him. They say, you don't kick a person when they are down, but this to me would be putting me at risk and infidelity....leave him.
86 him. I went through this **** with a guy I was seeing recently except with hpv and chlymidia. He has probably cheated and got it from someone else. I am still upset and sad and I know you probably are too....karma is a bi%$# and he will get his.
I agree with jo.  I was going to put it earlier but stopped myself but I think this may be his way of breaking up with you so he doesn't have to be the bad guy by doing it.  Are you even sure he has the disease?  Well, whether he does or not I think it's an immature cop out and you're better off without him.
Are you sure he actually has gonorrhea?  Sounds to me like he wants to break up with you and came up with a very creative way.

Unless you're using condoms EVERY time and don't even do oral,  I don't think it's possible for him to have it and you not to in a relationship.  

Is it?
I'm going thru the same situation, I went to the ER and got a one swab which is std check, and I came back normal, my significant other went and his came back with Gohnerrea, he keeps saying I'm the only one he has been with, we haven't had sex in a month wouldn't my test have said I had it to? He keeps saying I gave it to him but I get a pap every two months for health reasons and I my results come back normal so I'm lost???