Relationships Community
Need some advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Need some advice

I'm 30 - was talking to a girl who is 24 - friend of my cousins - for about a month. Things were going pretty good - we were definitely attracted to each other - but we never really had anything to talk about - next thing you know we were not talking as much throughout the day. Then she asks me to hang out the other night. We go eat and get some drinks but she was just acting strange. We get back and she says she has to go - still acting strange. I was like whatever just go - we don't need to do this anymore, etc. She says I'm everything she wants but something is missing...and she has to think. I said don't worry about it - she says don't give up but understands if I have too. Then my cousin tells me to not give up etc, because she really likes me - and to contact her and give her time to think about it. I'm not sure what there is to think about - we just never had anything to talk about - seems like our personalities are completely different - or maybe I came on too strong too early or something. Anyway, I apologized to her and she said she will let me know what she is talking about when she is ready...now I'm even more confused...seems like it's best to just forget about this even though I really liked her...any advice would be great.
Well honestly dude,if you don't have anything in common with her and you don't see anything coming from it, it's ok just to stay friends.  You should be friends before dating anyways in my eyes.  I'm in a odd situation right now myself.  Don't push her and be her friend, maybe she has some thing bothering her and wants to tell you.  Maybe after that you two might have something to talk about.  Good luck dude.
Hi there.  Well, I think you know what is probably best here.  You two weren't compativle.  You liked each other but didn't 'click'.  Not having common interests or real chemistry means the realtionship is nice but more like friends than anything else.  And actually not really good friends because friends 'get' each other and enjoy doing things together.  

So, I would let this go.  It's hard sometimes to break relationships off---  don't be tempted to not act on what your head knows.  This isn't working.

And this break up gives you the opportunity to find someone you are more compatible with and will be happier with.  Don't settle for anything less than that.  good luck
"we were definitely attracted to each other - but we never really had anything to talk about - next thing you know we were not talking as much throughout the day."........NO great foundation for a relationship.  

Probably should cut your losses here.  
So by her saying she needs to think about it and saying she'll get back to me...it's a kind way of saying go away and I probably won't hear from her? I don't know why I was told to keep trying and give it a chance...
You say you're 30,  but honestly,  this sounds like you're about 19.

Can I ask if you've ever been in a serious relationship with a woman?  
Unfortunately, I've been in 4 serious relationships 2+ years that didn't work out...guess it's me
How much more time would you need?  You have given it a month and you found that you were attracted to her, but that was IT.  You can't even have a REAL convo with this woman.  Then, she says she NEEDS to think about it?  I know I have NEVER needed to really "think about it" when I was into guy.  There was NO thinking about it.  

If you want to continue this I surely wouldn't just be dating her exclusively.

I have been attracted to alot of people in my life, but you can't build a relationship on attractiveness.  

Keep dating around......that's my opinion.  
So we talked - she said something was just missing...I asked her if she wanted to try again or she could just say no and I would go away...she said sure, try again...but not yet - that she would get back to me - what does that mean? Is that her way of saying she found another guy or still just being polite and not big enough to just say forget it? Should I contact her at some point or am I just making yet a bigger fool out of myself? It ***** because I do really like this girl...things were going great and then just like that - they weren't anymore...so confused
Honestly.........let HER contact YOU and you will see how SERIOUS she is.

Leave the ball in "her court."  Don't chase her.

"she said something was just missing"........meaning she had NO connection.

"she said sure, try again...but not yet - that she would get back to me".......meaning I don't know how to let this guy down easily.  

You are totally wasting your time here.....sorry.  
Whether she has someone else or not.....?????