Relationships Community
Needy Boyfriend?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Needy Boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together almost four years now, we are both 19.  When we were together about a year, he broke up with me.  I dated a guy a few times and he had a new girlfriend.  We were still friends, but shortly after we realized we still loved each other and wanted to give it another shot.  For a while I had a hard time trusting him and went through my little needy stage.  But I have goten over it all and completly trust him. Things couldn't have been better and we couldn't be closer. However, during these past few months, he has started to become a little needy.  He calls me a whole lot more, he went on vacation with his family and already called me the first day he left, and normally he was not like that at all. He texts me all day, when usually he only texted me after i had texted him. He was never a very affectionate guy, but now he's done a 180. What do you think is up? Does he feel he can't trust me now, but I honestly feel I have not done anything to make him feel he cant trust me. Or is he just becoming more attatched? Your opinion...?
I think that he maybe getting more attatched too you.  I wouldn't really say he is being needy either but trying to show more affection.  My husband and I always were like that together and it was even more as our relationship grew.  To me I don't see that as needy, I think it's cute and he is trying to show his love for you and he misses you.  I don't know why all of a sudden he is like that but I know that with my hubby and I when we were dating you could definatly feel when the relationship went to a new level.  Has anything like that happened at all?
I do feel like we have gone to the next level, and are much closer.  So what you say totally makes sence.  It is just weird cause I never expected that from him.  But thanks alot. I feel much better to hear it from someone else.  Man, how rediculous is that.  Im so used to finding jerks, that when i finally get a guy that is really sweet, i think something is wrong. Thanks for the opinion, it really helped.
I know how that goes, I was used to all the wrong guys who would treat you like *hit and wouldn't give you the respect you deserve.  And at first with my husband I was always second guessing everything but for no reason, he was the sweetest man I ever meet and continues to knock me off my feet!  I mean if you are worried about it though you could always ask him what is up and why he has been acting like that.  But I do think that he is just showing his love for you and even if you didn't feel your relationship went up a new level, he might!