Relationships Community
RING?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

RING?

SO IVE BEEN WITH MY GUY FOR TWO YEARS NOW, WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT GETTING MARRIED BUT STILL NO RING!  I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE THE WEDDING THIS NEXT SPRING, SUMMER OR EVEN FALL!!  JUST KINDA WANT TO GET ON WITH LIFE (WE ARE BOTH26, AND WE ALSO WANT TO HAVE KIDS! DONT YOU THINK WE SHOULD GET STARTED?
Whoa!! You "Want to have the wedding next summer, spring, or fall?"  Hun your getting ahead of yourself here b/c he hasn't even proposed. I know your probably anxious, but, you have to take life one moment at a time.  I suppose you can break normal tradition and propose to him, but you'll have to be prepared to accept the answer, whatever that may be.  If not, and this continues to bother you, you may need to have a serious conversation about where this relationship is really headed.  He may just not be quite ready.  Good luck!
some guys need many many years. not that you want to wait that long, but to some its scary. why they are scared? i dont know. but you know what, dont pressure him into it, it could lead to resentment and divorce. and honestly, 26 is young. i know you feel ready and im sure you are. but why isnt he? did he tell you why he isnt ready>
try waiting 8 years, 7 months and 7 days. then come talk.
oh by girl! if my dh would have done that he would have a nice set of shiners! whats with these men??? here they have us wonderful women who they stay with and want to be with but are terrified of the next step! not that 18 months is that long...but oceans!!!!!!!! good thing he woke up!
I'VE BEEN WITH MY MAN FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS, AND WE'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT MARRIAGE FOR THE LONGEST TIME BUT HE HASN'T ACTUALLY PROPOSED.  WELL, HE DID ONCE, BUT IT WAS AFTER A LATE NIGHT FROLIC AND HE SAID HE DIDN'T REALLY MEAN IT.  ISN'T THAT MESSED UP?  BUT HE REALLY MEANT IT, JUST NOT RIGHT NOW AND HE SAYS WE NEED TO BE TOGETHER FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME BEFORE WE GET ENGAGED.  I'M TRYING TO BE PATIENT, BUT I'M SOOOOOO READY AND MY BIOLOGICAL CLOCK IS TICK, TICK, TICKING AWAY.  I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
yeah, he finally came to his senses and realized what a good catch i am...heh heh. no, all  in all  it was for the best even though i was tourted by all the waiting. we were young, in college and he wanted to do it all "the right way" you know...date, get engaged, get married, get a dog, have a baby. in that order.
jeez im even typing with a stuffy nose! instead of my i typed by. see! me<------------goober
YEP ALL THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED!  WELL HES SAYING NOW THAT HE WANTS TO GO RING SHOPPING! SO WE WILL SEE!!