Relationships Community
She said she's NOT preg. Is she lying?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

She said she's NOT preg. Is she lying?

In early July my friend and I had sexual intercourse with no protection (we were both very drunk and I honestly don't even remember if we had sex at night, but we did briefly in the morning).
She said she took a birth control pill (not sure which one) I believe 3-5 days later if I remember correctly.

It's about 2 months and 1 week later and I'm so worried she's pregnant, even though she tells me she's NOT. I don't know why I keep thinking about it, but I have OCD about these types of things and I can't stop thinking about it because I definitely DON'T want anything to come out of this incident. I text her every few weeks to ask her and she is now getting really annoyed at me and telling me to leave her alone because I keep asking her if everything's fine and she says yes.

Do you think she is telling me the truth? Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.
Why would she lie? She probly really isn't pregnant
Most girls lie about actually being pregnant, not NOT being pregnant
Thanks for your input.

I don't know why I keep thinking about this, it's just I'm in a really good relationship right now with someone who I reconnected with and I don't ever want anything to mess this up.

When I hear of other people (friends of friends, etc.) getting pregs it just scares me about my incident, even though she keeps telling me she's NOT pregs, I somehow can't get over thinking about it!! :(
If your that concerned about it ask her to take a pregnancy test at your place but DO NOT ever ask her about it again if you wanna know for sure promise her if she does it you'll never ask again but don't pry her on doing it if she doesn't want to, honesty she wouldn't lie if your concerned why would she. just ask to take a test and then back off or she's probably not gonna be your friend at all anymore.
I'm sure she isn't lying! And she is probly becoming rather annoyed if yu ask her often, she probly doesn't want to be pregnant just as much as yu don't want her to! Yu should just relax Andbhave faith that she wouldn't lie to yu
Thank you for your input.
I asked her if she would take a preg. test and that's when she responded she's not pregs and to leave her alone (I will admit, I've been kind of nagging). She said she's told me that a million times but it was never THAT direct. She probably thought when I kept asking her if everything is fine that that's what I was indicating, and I was, but I didn't know she was aware of that intentionally.
Thanks again.
She is definitely becoming annoyed.

But do you think after this long (2 months and 1 week) she could have missed something or would she definitely know by now if she was pregs? Even though she said she's not, and assuming she didn't take a preg. test, could she still be pregs and not know it?
Highly unlikely, girls tend to know their bodies pretty well and obviously she doesn't want a baby if she's on birth control. I'm sure yer worrying for note
I don't think she's on birth control though, she just took one after our incident because I asked her to...

Because I heard of a friend of a friend that found out she was pregs. 3 months after. She has diabetes or something and went to her doctor and the doctor told her she was pregs., but she didn't know it until then (3 months later)...
If she's telling you no and she has no reason to lie then I wouldn't worry.  She told you no so u have to accept her word and move on. Relax and enjoy your new relationship, just make sure to practice safe sex so u don't have to worry like this.  Good luck. :)
Thank you for your input!
ur def stressing a situation that isnt there.......us girls know when sumthing is wrong or different with our bodies i was gonna be 6 weeks when i found out but mentally i knew i was......ur more worried cause u cheated
if she was preggers im sure she'd tell you by now, we as women expect that comfort from the dad. P.S. the plan B pill only works 72 hours after unprotected sex.
STOP STRESSING!! if she says shes not then shes not. she would know by now, she has delt with the situation and i dont blame her for getting annoyed.if you want to save your friendship then let it all go. put it aside as a drunking 1 nighter and move on. just move on, you got your happy relationship. im sure she would have got intouch if she was pregnant.
best off not mentioning it again to her.
best of luck
Thank you for your input.
Thank you for your input.
I do worry about everything. I check the oven like 5 times before I leave the house.
If You're going to fret so much - how 'bout not having sex with someone You don't want to make a baby with??  It's really that easy!!  Problem solved!!
You should probably seek some therapy.  It sounds like OCD-like behavior is ruling your life if you're that worried about her being pregnant or checking the oven that many times every single time you leave the house.  You need to at least get some coping mechanisms to learn to overcome this.  Doesn't mean meds but it does mean talking to someone about your ticks and learning how to better deal with this.  I tell you this because I could see it getting trying on your relationships of any sort as they progress.

As everyone said, your friend would have come to you if she was pregnant.
Will agree with Tink and thatquietgirl.

Sounds like you really didn't know the girl well although you state that she was a friend and you both sound VERY young.  

You definitely need some professional help for your OCD.  If you are already seeking help for this, you need to see your therapist a bit more.  

It is unfortunate you put yourself in this position being irresponsible.  

Your statement...."She said she took a birth control pill (not sure which one) I believe 3-5 days later if I remember correctly."  Well, if she took an EC, why then are you worried?  EC however needs to be taken within a CERTAIN timeframe AFTER the encounter......this will depend on which EC she used.

This girl told you she isn't pregnant.  Let her be and QUIT making demands that she takes a pregnancy test in front of you......that is TOTALLY ridiculous.  

If drinking does this to you, i.e. causes you to LOOSE all judgement, then you shouldn't be drinking.  

Your statement...."Because I heard of a friend of a friend that found out she was pregs. 3 months after. She has diabetes or something and went to her doctor and the doctor told her she was pregs., but she didn't know it until then (3 months later)."......Do you BELIEVE everything you hear?  

Just MOVE on from this situation.  
Thanks for all the responses.

Really appreciate it.
but do you think someone could NOT know they are preg. by 3 months?
If you didn't have OCD, it would seem like you secretly want to hear that she is pregnant.  But since you say you have OCD (and seem to be doing a poster-boy job of modeling it) I'll take you at your word that you don't want her to be pregnant.  Guess what, she isn't pregnant.  And by now, if you have been nagging her and nagging her and acting like she is probably wrong or didn't understand your question when you said "is everything all right," well, by now if the girl were me she's probably not your friend either, and might even be thinking of changing her phone number.

Seriously Harold, get some assistance with the OCD.  You don't want this kind of thing to be a recurring pattern in your life.  One pregnancy scare is one thing, but being unable to stop driving people close to you away with your behavior is going to be a much more serious life issue.   I am sure you can learn to cope with it to the point where you are a better social companion.  Just start doing the kind of obsessive research you are devoting to something that is not true right now, and instead funnel it into finding out ways and means to deal with OCD.  There must be a lot of information on the net, and also you should be able to find a good therapist if you simply start asking your doctor and go from there.

Good luck.
I couldn't agree with annie more.  I left you a reply on your other thread as well.

One more thing, itwould be VERY adviseable for you NOT to engage in activities that are going to cause your OCD to go off the rails, like having unsafe sex.  Until you get the OCD to a more managable level with professional help, you would be smart to avoid situations that will trigger this kind of obsessive thinking.

I'll repeat something else I said in the other thread....LEAVE THIS POOR GIRL ALONE.  It's not her fault you are obsessing over this.  You're going to find yourself in trouble if you keep harassing her.
Thank you so much for your input. I honestly am staying away from situations like this and I definitely have changed from this. I would like to start fresh again and not ever get into situations like this ever again.

i've learned from my actions and that will make me a better person.

thank you again, honestly, i appreciate it.
Thank you so much for your input. I'm definitely not doing that stuff ever again and I've learned from this definitely.  Thank you again for your words.
We communicated today and she said she's had like 5 periods since, so that is a good sign she is NOT preg. right? I think that is a good sign.
Harold, the fact that you asked her yet again, after everyone so strongly and unanimously advised you to stop bugging her, is a sign that your obsessions are running the show.  Please seek help.  
Oh boy.  Do you see anything wrong with your last post?  You're STILL asking.  Your obsessive thinking is off the charts, please seek help asap.

I know, thank you.

but does HAVING periods mean she's NOT preg. ?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that if she's had 5 consecutive periods then she is NOT pregnant!
I'm assuming since she's had 5 that means you've been questioning this girl for 5 months straight now? Give up, even if she was lying, which I'm certain she ISN'T - her bump would more than likely be showing by now.
There's no point in asking the same questions over and over.  You're asking questions you already know the answer to.

I think you need to be posting in the OCD forum.
Hi there.  Well, you state she's had a lot of cycles now so that would indicate that she is not pregnant.  Hopefully you can accept this and move on.  

good luck
It's been 3 1/2 months, she said she's had 5 periods (probably exaggerating cause she's irritated) and said she's not preg.

I always just think about the worst possible outcome for everything.
Let it go.  Like I said, pregnancy has an endpoint.  No reason to twirl and spin your mind into a frenzy over this.  You WOULD know by the end if she were pregnant.  

I think she is telling you to leave her alone at this point, don't you?  Move on.  good luck

OH< and if you are suffering obssessive thought, call your doctor.  good luck
I was reading and read some women have normal periods while they are pregnant and some women don't even know they are pregnant for months and months..
I'm going to say firmly to you that we've answered your question to the best of our ability.  This is the RELATIONSHIPS forum after all.  If you'd like to ask your questions on the woman's health forum (although you'll get the same type of response) or try the anxiety forum or the OCD forum, please go to the tool bar above, hit forums and then look for those forums on the left hand side of the page.  good luck to you!!
thank you