Should I keep it?
I met a guy in late Nov. he was a really great guy except he had a girlfriend. He told me that upfront. I would ask him about getting to know me better, he told me he didnt see me that way. I would constanly beg him to come over, he would always tell me no. OK one night he was drunk he came over, we had sex. He told me it was a mistake, and he was wrong for being there. i told him not to worry, that i was on the pill and i wasnt trying to have kids with him. i have two kids already.

I found out i was pregnant. i told him that. he begged me to not have this child. I told him that i liked the way he begged. I also told him that i was with someone new yrs eve and someone after i got with him.  i want to have this kid but he is begging me not too. i told him i would have the abortion, i then changed my mind and now hes freaking out. i always wanted a son. i joked with him and said if he would marry me i would have the abortion, he didnt think that was funny. he was talking about committing suicide and i told him if he did that i would be at his funeral to get his DNA so i could get my money. he never lied to me about his relationship and he didnt dog me out. i told him he didnt use me, and my intentions were to sleep with him to get him to leave his girlfriend. he doesnt call me anymore, and the third guy i was with changed his number.

whenever i do talk to him he sounds so disgusted to talk with me, i guess because he has no choice in the matter, and i told him that based on my past experiences i dont care about mens feelings. he doesnt have any kids either so this would be his first.

what do you guys think?
Your insane. What is wrong with you. Your trying to break up a guy and his gf. Your pretty much laughing at him saying hes gonna kill himself. Get the abortion and get help.
why should she kill a baby it's not the babies fault that she's messed up she should just give it up for adoption stop having sex  and get some help with her head.   This baby is innocent and can have a happy life if she gives it up for adoption.
What a thread, what a hoax. In case she keeps the baby, let`s just hope this kind of insanity is not genetic.
here;s the link

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/WomensHealth/messages/12383.html
It's the same story but it's telling it in a guy's perspective.  Very strange.  Well havemercyplease...you have anything to tell us?  What's the real deal?
Do you think she is trying to get attention from everybody? If this is fake she is not all there.
What name is it under that she wrote in the women forum? I couldn't find it.
Wow, I'm late to this party!

(Sorry I'm late, ACHE, I left my briefcase in a restaurant and had to go back and get it and couldn't get a cab.)   : (

Okay, the original poster's elevator is clearly not going to the top. Her post sounds like a con, frankly.

But if it's not a charade, yeah, you definitely need to abort. You are a poster child for why keeping Roe in place is a  good thing.

I still think you're putting us on, but if not, find a Planned Parenthood near you and have an abortion. You sound manipulative and somewhat delusional, and these are not qualities that will serve you in your parenting tasks now, or in the future. Subjecting another child to your immaturity, manipulative behavior, and self-centeredness would be considered  cruel and quite damaging to the child.

I was going to recommend therapy for you because you sound  emotionally damaged yourself. Unfortunately, I'm sniffing narcissistic and borderline personality characteristics here, and those are both tough nuts to crack for therapists.  But it might be worth a try.  

For a  34-year-old, you have a lot of work to do on yourself.  I would have guessed maybe 17, 18, at the outside when I read your original message.

I also definitely recommend you  use condoms in the future.

First of all to bip - DO NOT ARGUE with barn babe, you will NEVER win! She can talk circles around you for days on end. No offense barn, we obviously disagree on many subjects, but you will be surprised to know that I am with you on this one. Secondly, to original poster, you have got to be joking right?
I cannot figure out if this is a joke or what. Where is your self respect? How can you expect anyone to respect you if you don't respect yourself? Getting pregnant and having children is not a game, yet you talk so casually about it as if you are hurting all these men and getting the last laugh. I hardly doubt it.
I personally do not think that anyone should get pregnant for fun and then abort the baby, that is just sick. I do believe that you should be able to chose if you find yourself in an unplanned pregnancy and unable to care for the child. But, whatever... You need to grow up and start acting like an adult. If you are old enough to spread your legs for all these men, then you should be mature enough to deal with all the associated consequences, and to me it doesn't sound like you are. Good luck.  
Same name.  Just type it in exactly and it will pull up the last thread she/he wrote.
the last post was to you I spelled your name wrong.
WOW I read it. She seriously has something wrong with her and she definitly needs help now   She is not all there. Now I know something is wrong.
Just a comment for the "adopt it out" camp.

Let me tell you how seldom that comes to pass.  Sure, there are some that go through with it..  But I see depressing situations almost every day where a girl changes her mind and keeps the baby.    My totally off the wall guess from my 30 years in L&D is that perhaps 20% of girls who originally plan to adopt the baby out go through with it.

The rest see the baby, and change their minds.  Money, college, a good job, it all goes out the window.  Many of them make this poster seem incredibly wise and mature.  
I'm sure that these babies might suffer greatly throughout their  lives.  Better to end it before it begins, in some circumstances.  If this were a real post, this would be one of those times.  

Actually, very few even consider adoption any more.  And those who plan on it often change their minds at the last second.

Many of you just see the word "baby", and a magical glowing light surrounds you and you are in heaven thinking of the sweet little thing...aww, how could anyone THINK about not having one?  You guys often suffer from baby dust poisoning, I think.  YOUR wanting one interferes with your ability to see the horror that can happen when someone who is not ready to have a child, has one and doesn't give it up.  

Many people live in unusual and often horrible conditions, or are horrible people as this poster (if she were real) is.  Better to not even let the baby be born than risk her not giving it up, keeping it, and making its life a living hell.  

How many already born babies have to be abused, neglected, tortured, burned, starved, or mangled before some of you might open up your minds just a little?  

If you are personally against abortion, DON'T HAVE ONE.  

Well, looks like someone's lame attempt to restart the now-deleted abortion thread has succeeded.
"Well, looks like someone's lame attempt to restart the now-deleted abortion thread has succeeded."

Every comment peekawho made is relevant to the original post. You don't like it because you are one of the knuckle-dragging  pro-criminalization supporters. Nowhere did I see you make a similar remark about your pro-criminalization pals upthread.

Perhaps it's time for you to crawl back into  your hole of non-reality-based magical thoughts. You know the one, Jokey - your bright and beautiful world where everybody is rich, psychologically stable, able to care for as many children as they want, and those who decide they would rather abort are thrown in jail, along with the doctors who perform the procedures.

Oh, and the unicorns.
"I agree everything you say."

Highly doubtful, given your abortion stance upthread.  

"You are very smart."

Thanks, but I'm  not really. I could use a few more brain cells.

I agree everything you say. You are very smart. If I ever have problems Ill  talk to you.
So what's the REAL story?

If this is all true, then why did you post as a male in the Women's Health forum?

I'd like to believe you to help you out with some constructive criticism and good advice. Everyone else in this forum would like to help too--you could really get a variety of helpful perspective here.

But as for me, you're going to have to convince me that you and your story is real.

Otherwise, I'm not wasting my time with this thread anymore.
I think havemeryplease needs help now.  I read her post on women health and she posted here about this. WOW she  is not all there.
Just so you'll know, Peekawho, the comment I made immediately after yours was about the ORIGINAL POSTER, not your post directly.  As made clear by the attack directly at me by Barn-babe, it could have been misunderstood as a direct jab at you, and that was not my intention.
Get off it barn babe, I made a general comment about the original poster.

I don't think the world is perfect.  I think there are extremely bad problems in it.  I'm not rich; far from it.  All I say is that abortion is murdering a baby.  Just so you'll know, I am pro-choice for pretty much everything OTHER than murdering another human life.  Divorce, gay marriage, pursuit of happiness at any field, atheism, agnosticism, go for it.  Why does it bother you so much that some people wouldn't do what THEY consider to be killing a baby?  I wouldn't kill an adult, I wouldn't kill a teenager, I wouldn't kill a child, I wouldn't kill a newborn, and I wouldn't kill a pre-born child.  You insult people who are essentially saying, they won't KILL another human being.  That is disturbing.  The thing is, I'd find your argument a lot more valuable if you'd just confront whether or not you believe abortion is killing.  If you say no, then I don't agree, but I DO understand your perspective.  You, however, refuse to even consider exactly what it is the pro-life side states--it's killing a human life.

How dare you tell me to "crawl back into a hole."  And to twist my name into "Jokey"...where did that come from?  You've just dropped a level respect for that ridiculous jab.  I said repeatedly in the last thread that you know NOTHING, NOTHING about who I am, my life, what I do to help society, NOTHING.  You completely ignore anything I have to say about the positives of adoption PROVEN IN MY OWN LIFE (the two cousins and also two other families I know personally who've adopted newborns) and the illogical arguments of killing the smallest of three children (why stop at the pre-born child; why not kill her 14-year-old too?)

Getting back to the original poster, no this is not an argument about abortion.  Considering the original poster said "I'm not aborting."  If you're truly as pro-choice as you claim, barn-babe, you would have respected that CHOICE without argument.  The decision was already made to give birth.
It's all ok.  No worries!
I think haverymercy please is making this whole thing up It's a joke  I read women health post. She has alot of issues to take care of.  shes not in her right mind at all.
Ah, what was I thinking? Of course Havemercy is a guy. What other gender would want to feed the cliche that all women are out to get guys, get them drunk, cheat, get pregnant, refuse abortion, ruin the guy`s life, be promiscuous? I`m giving this thread up for adoption. There must be parents out there to want to take care of this diaper...Where is the pail?
Just wondering if anyone has seen one of David Lynch's first movies, Eraserhead. Fetus' are creepy. All you antiabortionists wouldn't want to care for a 16 week old fetus and for good reason. They're gross. And I second the one commenter who said, "If you're against abortion, don't have one." Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?
Does this usually happen all the time ? I started posted when this came on.
I told you  you are very smart I was reading your last post and I agree what you were saying. Keep up the good work.
it would be nice if we could keep the hatred and namecalling in the schoolyard and out of the forums. this used to be a wonderful site, full of helpful people (yes with the occational joker) but it has become full of anger and finger pointing and behaviour that we wouldnt expect from such educated adults. we all have a difference of opinon, maybe we can try to respect that rather than be mean and disrespectful. i see most have tried to abide by this, others just want to yell and scream and cram their beliefs down everyones throat.
I think haverymercy please Is  just playing a joke.  Everyone got all upset about it. I think we should just drop it right here it's over with.
yes bip i am fully aware of the joke that has been played on us. i am referring to the inhumane treatment of the other posters by a particular poster. i would love for this to be dropped, but it will come about again here or another post. im hoping medhelp will step in and remind us that there is no use for behavior of that sorts here.
Why is it so hard to grasp?

Because it's not about the  fetus or the child. It's about controlling women's sexuality, which scares the **** out of the fundi wackos.  That's ALL it's about. Women should be punished for having sex, for enjoying sex.  

They will tell you otherwise. They say it's all about the "unborn child."   Unforutnately, the same people who are pro-criminalization also don't  support social programs for the  poor, so this alone sinks their "logic."  They are hypocrites in the worst possible way.  

If you are against choice, you are a misogynist. And if you are against a woman's right to choose and you ARE a woman, you probably harbor a good bit of self-hatred and are frightened of your own sexuality.

These folks clearly have a mental disorder of some kind. They have a psychological dependence on believing in some other being (it might as well be a unicorn, for f*ck sake) having control over  their lives and telling them how to live.  At some level, it's a psychosis. A psychosis is when your version of reality markedly differs from what is actually going on in the real world.  I would say that defines plenty of folks on this forum alone, plus millions of other Xtianists and religious zealots who are not happy practicing their religion in private - they need to control everybody else's lives too.

Organized religions have been such a scourge on this planet for so long. And this current  crop of religious wackos wants to take us all back to the times before the Enlightenment.
i think to hear both sides is great too. however barn babe will not accept that anyone may have a different opinion than herself. her little comments are degrading and she tries to make herself seem the one who knows all and sets the rules. if you dont agree she tells you off and uses religion and politics to try to make posters feel inadequate to her. its childish and ignorant to assume that only her view is the only one, and basically she is like a child with her fingers in her ears yelling la la la la im not listening. kinda funny actually!
oh and if you have to mention religion or politics again to try to prove a nonexisting point, we have all heard it over and over and ..................  maybe its time for a new defense.
Can we just try to get along  we supposeed to have support in each other.  Im not saying we aren't just seems like we are still fighting  about this.  I just want everyone to get along. I wish we can just start all over again.
Aside from the initial post being just a clever joke and aside from MedHelp  likely not supposed to being a platform for debates, I find it a great enrichment to hear all sides on issues like adoption and abortion and pro-life. An enrichment should not be shot down just because it poses a threat to common politics and opinions. To me it is very re-assuring that logic and sense for reality still exists as in peekawho`s or barn babe`s comments, whether they are offensive to some or not. Personally, I am hesitant towards abortion until it will be better known from what fetal stage on the fetus can actually have the desire to cling on to life - as everyone is referring to - versus being just a blob. But pro-life at any cost and dubious outcome can not remain a political issue. If this thread helped to stir up frozen opinions it can only be a good thing - and I`ll take back the "diaper pail" previously mentioned.
Cover your eyes, pertykitty. I know the truth is painful. Easier just to call on the bearded mysogynist for help (and his sidekick, the tooth fairy).

There is a reason Xtianists don't want open debate about controversial issues. And you and I both  know  what that reason is, "pertykitty": your positions don't stand up to the light of day. Anyone over the age of about 6 who still has "imaginary friends" has a mental disorder. Unicorns, tooth fairies, the Wicked Witch of the West, god, Satan, the flying spaghetti monster - you can slap any label you want on the icon of your magical thinking, but the bottom line is that in choosing to deny rational thought, reason-based analysis, and positions grounded in reality, you have no cred whatsoever.

you just proved my point lol. i never said i was christian, and i never really opened up to you with my opinion, you arent worth my time that way. if you are the one to decide if my opinion counts or not, you are someone with problems not me. you say the same thing over and over about the unicorns, and such. it seems to me you cant discuss or debate, you argue and fight and name call. everyone can see what you really are. you are the mean school girl that will fight and name call, and then eventually when everyone has had enough and backs you into a corner, you will run. you think i am afraid of your comments or i am anything in regards to you, you are mistaken. has medhelp contacted you yet on your behavior? they are usually pretty good about keeping abusive people to a min here. get rid of your anger, not a healthy way to live.
bip it would be nice, but as long as barn babe is around, which hopefully isnt for long, she will continue to shoot everyone down and degrade them and make herself seem to be the know all and only correct person on here. its best to not get started with her as she will call you names and TRY (fail but try) to make you feel like you are wrong. and if you are bothered by her or offended at any time, you  can contact medhelp and let them know  :)
Look guys,

Even if this person is a troll, should we start proclaiming how judgmental we are? This will only discourage people who are REALLY in crisis from posting. It will only serve to make people in real crisis afraid to post for fear of being called names. If someone is posting a joke, then let's just give them the benefit of the doubt that it's genuine, offer sincere advice, and stop there.

Not long ago there was a poster asking for help about an ex-boyfriend who might be the father of her baby. People were telling her to go on Jerry Springer. If the poster wanted that kind of advice, I'm sure she could have just asked her not-so-good friends. I've known people in her situation, and was very disappointed in the kind of "support" this forum had to offer her.

If we want to debate and express viewpoints, let's create a thread for it (like the abortion thread, which has now been mysteriously removed). But let's NOT turn other people's posts into religious/moral/other debates. This forum is here for them - not for us to vent. It won't matter how *right* you are - no one will listen if you can't show respect.

Just my two cents. And for the record, I enjoy the diversity of advice offered - what better way to anonymously help someone than by offering them a variety of ideas to choose from. It encourages critical thinking :)
Generally, the resident socialist/atheist takes a lot of flak no matter what forum it's on. ;-)
Pertykitty, referring to your comment C87 - I know what you mean. When meaningful opinions are presented as "the truth", it always comes across as arrogance, and repetition does not help the cause. There have been schools of thought out there for a long time like objectivism that I very much appreciate with their quest for integrity and a search for truth based on reason but proponents often try to apply the philosophy like jurisdiction. That in itself is just as annoying as any religious group knocking at an atheist`s door, isn`t it?
its not my beliefs that were ridiculed, it was the fact that she goes on tyrants demeaning people and creating havoc herself. i made an athiest comment, no name calling was invoved and i was suddenly an idiot because i didnt agree. go figure. barn babe you desire respect and tolerance, but if you  cant give the same, how do you expect it? i dont think you have ever honestly answered a question without throwing your unicorn or other remarks. the fact that we are all so different is great, we can all go about our lives however we wish, i am saying that it would be nice if such diversity can be shared without insults. as for the original poster, who knows they never came back.
and barn babe you can only take flak if you cant discuss or debate in an adult manner. surely your law background has taught you that.
barnbabe, you aren't the resident socialist/atheist nor do you represent such bodies of thought for all people on this forum. You might be mis-interpreting the upset caused in others as being to WHAT you say rather than HOW you say it.

I agree with peekawho - showing respect (and some level of humility) is the best way to communicate ideas. I really like a lot of the ideas coming out on this forum (including atheist), but bullying others by belittling them is EXTREMELY counterproductive. You're doing your beliefs more disservice by presenting them poorly. I'm pretty sure most of us don't come here to agree/disagree on our personal religious views - just offer advice out of a desire for well-being and community.
Though I agree with you on a few of your views, the way in which you express them by demeaning the beliefs of others is counterproductive.  If you would like people to read your posts thoughtfully and take something meaningful away from them, you may want to tone down some of your vitriolic rants.  

I respect and admire you for the passion of your beliefs.  And though I don't agree with the religious beliefs of many of the forum members, I wouldn't dream of calling them mentally ill.  

No one is asking you to start throwing around "amens" or heaving clouds of babydust at anyone, just remember that as passionately as embrace your beliefs, so do other people.  People are so turned off by the tone of many of your posts, that often a good point you might make is missed completely.

Just tone it down.  More people will read your posts carefully if you do, instead of going immediately into the red zone when their beliefs are ridiculed.

Thanks.  

HERE WE GO AGAIN
lol I am new to this forum, and I must say this has to be the most interesting post on here!  Everything and the bible has been thrown into this one!  lol  To the original poster, are you actually the guy and resentful of the chick you impregnated because you feel she is manipulative?  hmmmmm
to the original poster:

first of all ignore all the noise of these posts, when people start bickering with each other and stop helping YOU, you gotta tune out.

but I gotta say.

I'm wracking my brain trying to decide if I am in an okay enough position, financially, relationship-wise, etc. to continue with my pregnancy out of RESPECT for myself and this new life and here you are using pregnancy and this innocent life to manipulate others and to 'not be lonely'.  PLEASE STOP.  You need help now.  Ignore this guy and take care of yourself.  You said yourself you don't even like him or know him that well.

PLEASE, no offense, but you need to stop having children until you learn to love and respect yourself.  Get help.  This is not a judgment. I am just truly concerned. Use contraception.
This is from 2007, it's a very old post and I'm sure that person is no longer around.
i am a christian. i firmly believe that jesus died for our sins. and i also believe he is our only way into eternal life. i do believe that jesus is our ultimate judge. but i do have a right to my own opinion and beliefs.  i don't believe in unicorns or fairy dust << lol too funny. what is not funny is abortion. it is murder. end of story. how would you like somebody to stab you and you slowly die?? abortion is not an option. adoption is. just some advice to the original poster i have seen that name in the women's health forum as a male and that does throw up a red flag. but the sad truth is this day and age that situation is not that throwed off. i encourage the original poster to look into and learn the word of God and live by it and nobody would even be in this situation.

God Bless